• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

length for 5marks etc (1 Viewer)

totallybord

HSC
hi
sorry for posting this bt nobody replied in my other post
i was just wondering what length to write for a 5mark question in q1 of the aos because in past trials the marking guidelines usu say 2tecniques each text(a mark each technique i suppose)and 1mark for effective comparison whuch wld prob be bt half a page but for my trials i wrote about 1and a half pages as advised by a teacher and i included all i cld say abt the two texts (it was abt different perspectives) so i was wondering what wld be the appropriate length and shldi include all i can say or identify techniques and everything?
thanks!

dolbinau

HSC
Are the 5 mark ones the big questions at the end? If so, I heard we have to write at least a page; they should be mini-essays. But this is what I've been advised.

Robin Hood

HSC
I've seen people in my class spew out 2+ pages for the 5 mark question (and yes get 5 marks for it) yet i see people write a page thereabouts and still get 5 marks. quality over quantity

Knowingnothing

Legendary!
HSC
Quality over quantity for sure.

It's structured like an essay.

< Intro >

< Main Point 1 / Text 1 > <- Paragraph

< Main Point 2 / Text 2 > <- Paragraph

< Conclusion >

lost1

HSC
I read somewhere (got no clue where) that for these questions you don't really need an essay structure...that is you don't need an intro, conclusion and what not. So if the question was to compare the different texts, then you go straight into comparing the texts (still using paragraphs however...)...but I guess a tinny intro and a thoughtful conclusion will always be better

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)