• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

legal helpp (1 Viewer)

A

aanka

im confused... is good behaviour bond effective or ineffective in ensuring re integrative shamingg?...why/why nott?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
aanka said:
im confused... is good behaviour bond effective or ineffective in ensuring re integrative shamingg?...why/why nott?
Depends on the conditions of the bond?

A

aanka

-may-cat- said:
Depends on the conditions of the bond?
there is no reel condition..ish jus an overall answer as to whether its effective or nottt?

jyjylah

HSC
Off the top of my head,

I wouldn't say that it's exactly the best way to go about re-integrative shaming. If they can simply go on with their lives it's not exactly a shameful process.
Maybe some sort of community service would help to achieve that better, forcing the offender to come into contact with the community (or even victim) in a humble way.

I'm not sure what the question your answering specifically asks, but I think that the bigger picture is whether re-integrative shaming itself is effective.

That would make for a better discussion.

cxlxoxk

HSC
Not all good behaviour bonds are reintegrative shaming in nature...some just say to be on "good behaviour"...

Reintegrative shaming brings together the offending party and the victim/s so that the offender can see the harm and suffering they have inflicted on the victim...

So yeah...if a bond required such a condition (to see the victim periodically over a length of time)...then it would be reintegrative shaming...

Would that be effective in ensuring it achieves the aims of reintegrative shaming?

Well after the bond is over, the criminal would no longer see the victim, and he can forget about him, and commit another crime...Or after the bond is over, the victim and criminal can reconcile and become friends, and in that case he/she will be a living memory of what he did, and what he shouldn't do from now on!

It really depends on the situation, and the conditions of the bond. It is hard to tell whether a good behaviour bond will be effective in ensuring the achievement of the aims set out by reintegrative shaming.

---

I got 80 for legal, not that great and haven't read a textbook since the HSC exams so sorry if it is of no help.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
cxlxoxk said:
Not all good behaviour bonds are reintegrative shaming in nature...some just say to be on "good behaviour"...

Reintegrative shaming brings together the offending party and the victim/s so that the offender can see the harm and suffering they have inflicted on the victim...

So yeah...if a bond required such a condition (to see the victim periodically over a length of time)...then it would be reintegrative shaming...

Would that be effective in ensuring it achieves the aims of reintegrative shaming?

Well after the bond is over, the criminal would no longer see the victim, and he can forget about him, and commit another crime...Or after the bond is over, the victim and criminal can reconcile and become friends, and in that case he/she will be a living memory of what he did, and what he shouldn't do from now on!

It really depends on the situation, and the conditions of the bond. It is hard to tell whether a good behaviour bond will be effective in ensuring the achievement of the aims set out by reintegrative shaming.

---

I got 80 for legal, not that great and haven't read a textbook since the HSC exams so sorry if it is of no help.
This

A2

HSC
weeelll reintegrative shaming and good behaviour bonds can be and are different concepts
sooo i guess u can measure both on the level in which they both decrease recidivism and basically address both concepts through the effectiveness criteria
from what i remember good behaviour bonds are a contract between the person who commited said crime and the police if breached the committed will most likely go to jail or something along those lines
i guess rintegrative shaming can be one of the conditions of the bond but a good behaviour bond most likely doesnt ensure reintegrative shaming cuz its a completely seperate way to deal with a crime
haha i dunno
hope that helps

~Fire Jade~

HSC
Reintegrative shaming and good behaviour bonds are different concepts as stated by those above me...
I don't think good behaviour bonds are effective, but hey...as a student, we're supposed to say the legal system is great (when it isn't).
Well, looking at good behaviour bond.
Pros
Penalty isn't so costly on society as imprisonment, which allows better use of resources
If the criminal reoffends they'll get a more severe penalty
If they are kept away from jail and away from hardened criminals, it will mean they'll be more likely to 'improve'
Cons
It's just a slap on the wrist and the crim just walks away...
The criminal reoffends, causing another criminal statistic and places a heavier burden on society...

These are just some things to look at. It's a bit vague, sorry...>_<

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)