• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Law Orientation Camp February 2009 (1 Viewer)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
UWS website said:
New 2009 law students travelling to Tahmoor for Orientation Camp staying one night only on Monday 16th February 2009.

Is this camp compulsory?

dolbinau

HSC
Based on this information:

How to Accept and Enrol | University of Western Sydney (UWS)

"If you are enrolling in any undergraduate law degree, there is a law information site available with all the details about your degree, units to enrol in, orientation, including the chance to attend a law orientation camp in February."

I don't think so..

Of course, I can't give any personal experience and I haven't read anything about UWS law specifically, but on medstudentsonline some person/people said that for at least a couple of unis people who don't attend the medicine orientation camps might find it harder to 'fit in', so before you consider not going hopefully someone else can let you know how significant the camp might be (or not) 'socially' for UWS law.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
^Fair enough..
It's only $50, so I'll go, but only if it's considered important socially, like dolbinau said.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Searched it on Youtube.. some randoms from the 2008 intake were talking about the camp.
I'm going.

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
wixxy2348 said:
Is this camp compulsory?
I'm not aware of any that are compulsory. But it could be fun and you could start networking and making friends right away.

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
wixxy2348 said:
Searched it on Youtube.. some randoms from the 2008 intake were talking about the camp.
I'm going.
What did you see that made you decide to go ... ?

Timbo650

Supposed to be studying
HSC
N/A
wixxy2348 said:
Is this camp compulsory?
No.
But it is a good way to meet a few people early on, and a good way to get a few survival tips from some of the later-years students.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
RogueAcademic said:
What did you see that made you decide to go ... ?
It was just the fact that they thought it was good socially... esp as I don't know anyone who'll be on campus with me.
I figure $50 is worth getting to know a few people.

= Jennifer =

HSC
even though we did not have a law camp when i started at uws I think it is a valuable tool to get to know people outside the university environment...even if you do not know anyone doing law it is a great opportunity to build on your social networking skills :)

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
hahaha fuck it being at tahmoor, three hours by public transport for me, woo

dolbinau

HSC
Just out of interest, do they run two separate law camps for each campus, or join them?

Isn't it kind of pointless if it's just one for both campus' :p?

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
It's one combined camp. I guess it's easier to organise that way, and possibly less expensive.

Lara1986

HSC
dolbinau said:
Just out of interest, do they run two separate law camps for each campus, or join them?

Isn't it kind of pointless if it's just one for both campus' :p?
Not necessarily so - one of the pitfalls of UWS Law is that not all subjects (electives) run on all campuses so you are more than likely to run into students from the other campus at some point. It may be useful to meet some earlier on :)

gwenwiver

HSC
N/A
One of the main reasons for attending university is to network so that you have contacts where you need them when you finish your degree.

Contacts will be critical for your success in industry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)