• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Latham's illness (1 Viewer)

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
and if latham had won, he would be 'too sick' to do fuck all.
the labour party is poorly structured.
the lib stats that katie quotes are true. why do you argue with truth? with statistical examples re: how right the libs are for Australia.
Jesus christ.... katie and i happen to be right. Jesus = wrong.

K

katie_tully

Howard is a cultural supremist, as opposed to a thug. That's good. I like it.
Very die hard bleeding heart liberal material.
I also like how Jesus calls people who oppose Latham wrong, and non-understanding of why people vote for "the other side"... I understand why people vote for the other side. I under stand what the "other side" is, and that's why I am on "this side" :)

What core promises did the Labour party honor last year, as opposed to those non core promises by the liberals :) Why is the Liberal party paying back the Labour parties debt all these years later /:)

Jesus!

Jeebus
HSC
N/A
tWiStEdD said:
and if latham had won, he would be 'too sick' to do fuck all.
the labour party is poorly structured.
the lib stats that katie quotes are true. why do you argue with truth? with statistical examples re: how right the libs are for Australia.
Jesus christ.... katie and i happen to be right. Jesus = wrong.

What is the structure of the ALP? What is the structure of the Liberals? Do you know Mr Twisted?

Why is the ALP structure bad? Why is the Liberal structure BAD?

Come on. you have to justify. You just can't say it. What kind of marks would you get at uni doing that!

Jesus!

Jeebus
HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
Howard is a cultural supremist, as opposed to a thug. That's good. I like it.
Very die hard bleeding heart liberal material.
I also like how Jesus calls people who oppose Latham wrong, and non-understanding of why people vote for "the other side"... I understand why people vote for the other side. I under stand what the "other side" is, and that's why I am on "this side" :)

What core promises did the Labour party honor last year, as opposed to those non core promises by the liberals :) Why is the Liberal party paying back the Labour parties debt all these years later /:)

FOR FUCK SAKE. It's spelt 'Labor'.

I never called you wrong. It is the other side from my perspective. Just Like the ALp is the other side from your perspective. :rolleyes:. 'The other side'...it makes sense since they are not the same.

...um the Labor party isn't in power. It has no promises to uphold does it? Some times balanced budgets are good. During the 80s (if you had any grasp of history) nations going into to debt was used to encourage growth (which happened) it was the economic notion of the day. Hardly a nation on earth had low interest rates and hardly a nation on earth was in surplus. The world was going through a change ie the liberalisation of the makets just like the USA.

Ever think that Part of that debt was left by Howard when he was treasurer in the early 80s when the Libs ran deficit after deficit passing it on to Labor? Maybe the Liberals should pay of the debt they left? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
K

katie_tully

Jesus! said:
So miss um? What is Liberal Party of Australia Party philosophy? Do you know? What does it stand for?

Die hard supporter of the liberals should know what the LPA stands for. So what is it?

People who know anything about politics would realise that the leader stands for not much at all. Australia has become more and more presidential in its politics for bad or worse.

So what does the Liberal Party stand for? What makes the liberal party so great and the Labor party/ Democrats/ Greens so bad?

Don't you believe in education or in the separation of powers? Don't you believe in a mixed economy? Don't you believe multiculturalism? Don't you believe in controlling large corporations?

Do you like media monopoly? Do you like current situation at universities? Do you like the role religion is playing in politics? Do you like the destruction unfair dismissal laws? Do you like the destruction of all forms of unions? do you like Religious universities and schools? Do you like how our society is in fear?

Do you like looking at your parents Credit Card debt? Do you like the avearg house price in Sydney being 550 000 ( its ok interest rates are low. Borrow it all!)?
:D I know Latham's solution to large corporations. Send em broke, aye Liverpool.
My parents don't have a credit card debt, so I can't really look at it in awe.
I don't have a problem with religious universities and schools and;
Our society is in fear? Hahaha. Says who? Say's Latham? Say's the people who are in fear?
Speak for yourself. This country isn't in fear. It hasn't retreated into itself.
I'm Italian. Of course I'm for multiculturalism. I'm for allowing as many immigrants in as possible, so long as they are skilled and can help sustain this economy.

K

katie_tully

I'm not afraid of Asians, Aboriginies, Muslims or any other race. I'm not for white supremecy, or the white australia policy.

Howard is a white supremist? Gee, is that LABOR propaganda I smell?!

Jesus!

Jeebus
HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
:D I know Latham's solution to large corporations. Send em broke, aye Liverpool.
My parents don't have a credit card debt, so I can't really look at it in awe.
I don't have a problem with religious universities and schools and;
Our society is in fear? Hahaha. Says who? Say's Latham? Say's the people who are in fear?
Speak for yourself. This country isn't in fear. It hasn't retreated into itself.
I'm Italian. Of course I'm for multiculturalism. I'm for allowing as many immigrants in as possible, so long as they are skilled and can help sustain this economy.

Fear? You know all that money spent on terrorism protection and looking at muslim people like they might blow up.

That we should be alert but not alarmed...etc.

Jesus!

Jeebus
HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
I'm not afraid of Asians, Aboriginies, Muslims or any other race. I'm not for white supremecy, or the white australia policy.

Howard is a white supremist? Gee, is that LABOR propaganda I smell?!
No he is a cultural supremist much like Robert Menzies. Not a white one.

You will find it in any first year politics text along with John /howard failing to acknowledge the word 'multicultural'.

Its not a major crime. Most pollies before Menzies were bar perhaps Justice Evatt (Founding member of the UN)...
-----------------------------------

As for Latham, which this thread is about, he needs to go. Kevin Rudd needs to be installed. Latham, im sorry to say, lacks the ability to communicate plus he aint a lawyer and it shows. He is what we call a 'good labor man' with the best interests of the people at his heart but he really can't cut it as PM.

He lacks eloquence. He doesn't look smart when he talks.

From a purely pragmatic approach he needs to go and my pick would be Rudd. Almost everyone I know has good things to say about Rudd.

He is intelligent. He communicates like he is intelligent, he talks clearly and not like a year 5 drop out, he has a great grasp of international relations and would never jepordise our relationship with the USA.

Last edited:
K

katie_tully

Howard isn't instilling fear into the Australian people. You saw what happened at Bali, New York, Russia, Spain. You know terrorism exists. We're all aware terrorism exists. By beefing up security, they're not trying to scare us into voting for them.
Latham wanted to establish our own homeland security, and Howard was beefing ours up. Please, tell me the difference. Obviously both had terrorism on their agenda.
Habib isn't being charged because he was caught before anti terrorism laws... LATHAM WANTS TO BACKDATE THEM SO HABIB CAN BE CHARGED!
"if the laws need to be improved, the Federal Government would always have the co-operation of the Federal Opposition."

K

katie_tully

Jesus! said:
No he is a cultural supremist much like Robert Menzies. Not a white one.

You will find it in any first year politics text along with John /howard failing to acknowledge the word 'multicultural'.

Its not a major crime. Most pollies before Menzies were bar perhaps Justice Evatt (Founding member of the UN)...
-----------------------------------

As for Latham, which this thread is about, he needs to go. Kevin Rudd needs to be installed. Latham, im sorry to say, lacks the ability to communicate plus he aint a lawyer and it shows.
Aaahrghwe0gue0gheo;rh JESUS!

I've been saying Latham was a peice of crap the whole time, and you jump on my head like I'm a die hard Liberal fan, wtf? Alll I ever said was that Latham was useless, not once did I mention the Labor party itself.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Jesus! said:
As for Latham, which this thread is about, he needs to go. Kevin Rudd needs to be installed. Latham, im sorry to say, lacks the ability to communicate plus he aint a lawyer and it shows.
I cannot see how a law degree is a necessity for any successful politician. Care to explain?

Jesus!

Jeebus
HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
Aaahrghwe0gue0gheo;rh JESUS!

I've been saying Latham was a peice of crap the whole time, and you jump on my head like I'm a die hard Liberal fan, wtf? Alll I ever said was that Latham was useless, not once did I mention the Labor party itself.

I like jumping on you because you are a bit of a scatterbrain. Especially with your constant use of 'bleeding heart liberal' like you know what it actually means.

It's pretty clear Latham has to go. The Sooner the better. But to suggest he is a total idiot is like me suggesting Howard is a Nazi.

K

katie_tully

Maybe it's because lawyers have the ability to yap their way out of any situation? A la Howard?

Jesus!

Jeebus
HSC
N/A
Generator said:
I cannot see how a law degree is a necessity for any successful politician. Care to explain?

It just shows sometimes...in particular with latham. Its not a 'needed'. It just shows sometimes and it makes you cringe.

Plus just look at all the Liberal party heavy hitters thesedays. Gotta have one of those law degrees to know how to 'manipulate' the truth ;)

Generator

HSC
N/A
Jesus! said:
It just shows sometimes...in particular with latham. Its not a 'needed'. It just shows sometimes and it makes you cringe.
Oh no, to think that 'it' just shows. By the way, what is 'it'?

Jesus!

Jeebus
HSC
N/A
Its just like, i think, lawyers generally are able to choose their words better. Non committal words. Proper words that befit the situation. That are more subtle.

Latham certainly showed a lack of subtlety and he choose his words poorly. It was a damn shame because this country needs a labor government badly.

K

katie_tully

Oooh, you mean the part when Latham used Bill Clintons speech??? Haha.

Jesus!

Jeebus
HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
Oooh, you mean the part when Latham used Bill Clintons speech??? Haha.
You have to be fair. There was also that part where Howard directly used paragraphs from some book he read. Both sides plagerised.

But in terms of political science and stats and whatever. The ALP was never going to win no matter what. No government looses when the economy is good, when we are 'at war', or when people can afford or can put on credit shiny new consumer goods.

Are people going to change government in times of war? No

Are people going to chance government when they have enough credit to buy a house? No

Are people going to change government when 3/5 people last year bought shiny new cars? No

People are happy when they have money. We all have money and if we dont have money we had credit. There was no chance in hell that the ALP was going to win.

Change in government in Australia happens when

1. People feel the government is getting arrogant. ie Howard better play his Senate cards carefully

2. People don't have money or credit to spend on consumer goods.

3. When there are no wars.

No government has been voted out when during times of war. No government has ever been voted out in good economic times (global and domestic)

Last edited:
K

katie_tully

I slightly disagree....

Most of the, you know, "redneck, racists" out here would have voted for the Labor party, were it not for Latham.
That really was the general opinion out here in redneck racistville. People out here didn't feel as though they had enough faith in somebody like Latham. Definately if they had a different leader, I know alot of people out this way would have voted differently.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Jesus! said:
Its just like, i think, lawyers generally are able to choose their words better. Non committal words. Proper words that befit the situation. That are more subtle.

Latham certainly showed a lack of subtlety and he choose his words poorly. It was a damn shame because this country needs a labor government badly.
This may seem like a stupid question, but are you referring to Latham as the Opposition leader or Latham as only the member for Werriwa when discussing his 'eloquence'? His performance as the Opposition leader has seemed far from being that bad in my eyes.

I'm not a fan of Rudd. As intelligent and considering as he may be, he would just be another leader rather than someone who appears to offer something different. That's just my opinion, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)