• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

kurt's entrance test (1 Viewer)

ScienceLover3675

HSC
Hi, is there anyone recently passed at Kurt Entrance Test, does not matter Year 7 or 8 or 9. Please reply.
My friend in Yr 9 took the Kurt's entrance test and got in for Term 1 this year. I asked him about it and he said that there was a lot of algebra. From other people who go to Kurt, they all said that it was quite challenging.

Summerlover

HSC
My son started with Kurt at the end of Y8 with one trial. He's been good at Maths since he was little. Before going to Kurt, he did entrance test at end of Y7 for Y9 class with almost full mark but quit from Du after two trial lessons as he didn't like the content.

With Kurt, the questions are more challenging and he finds interesting and is actually learning something new.

My suggestion: if you are mid level or not very keen on Maths, don't go to Kurt. The fast paced & level could make you more frustrated.
If you fail the class test than you need to have a detention before class to repeat until you pass. It's good to help you grow but bad if you're mentally fraigile.

shixuans

HSC
Hi There, are you sitting entrance test soon? When is your entrance test? Will this be your first time entrance test? Are you already in a top selective school?
OK i go to kurt right now & I remember him saying a few years ago that he primarily eliminates junior students off obvious blunders Like not knowing how to expand (a+b)^2 in year 7

Don't know whether that's still true or not but I also found the entrance exam really tough when I first sat it.

Have your child revise index laws? Basic geometry (congruent triangles, parallel lines)? Expansion and factorisation?
At least that's what kurt was teaching me five years ago when I was in Yr 7 term 3.

Still failing maths ext 1 right now - but what can do you do. It ain't Kurt's fault though. Maths just isn't for me...... I take too many subjects to dedicate a lot of time to it :/

Ihonestlyhavenoidea

HSC
Hi There, are you sitting entrance test soon? When is your entrance test? Will this be your first time entrance test? Are you already in a top selective school?
Yes, really soon on Thursday the 15th, and yes it is my first time writing this test. No I am not in a selective school.

Ihonestlyhavenoidea

HSC
OK i go to kurt right now & I remember him saying a few years ago that he primarily eliminates junior students off obvious blunders Like not knowing how to expand (a+b)^2 in year 7

Don't know whether that's still true or not but I also found the entrance exam really tough when I first sat it.

Have your child revise index laws? Basic geometry (congruent triangles, parallel lines)? Expansion and factorisation?
At least that's what kurt was teaching me five years ago when I was in Yr 7 term 3.

Still failing maths ext 1 right now - but what can do you do. It ain't Kurt's fault though. Maths just isn't for me...... I take too many subjects to dedicate a lot of time to it :/
Ok, thanks a lot! Sorry for ebing so annoying and asking all of these questions but I will revise these topics again, but on top of that should I do complex questions based on the textbook that we use in school or how did you master the test?

shixuans

HSC
Yes, really soon on Thursday the 15th, and yes it is my first time writing this test. No I am not in a selective school.
Lol you got this. Good luck. I didn't even know you had to bring your own stationery to the entrance test so I had to ask around for a pen before the exam started. You're much more prepared than I was. You'll do well.

shixuans

HSC
Ok, thanks a lot! Sorry for ebing so annoying and asking all of these questions but I will revise these topics again, but on top of that should I do complex questions based on the textbook that we use in school or how did you master the test?
Lol sorry I don't have time to find my past tests rn cos I'm studying for trials... that's your best bet for sure

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)