• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

kings of leon - only by the night (1 Viewer)

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
that first track is awesome, rest of it is a little bit eh, all sounds better than 'because of the times' though

zaqwerty

HSC
I was supposed to wait until the official release of the album before I listened to any of it.

But then I "accidently" came across a song or two on a website...

They brought me to tears! I'm so ready for this new album.

zaqwerty

HSC
Yes..

"Because of the Times" brings out a lot of emotion in me, because of the music itself and also brings back vivid memories from when I was listening to it a lot...

So it kind of had such an effect on me when I heard their new music. Tears purely because I felt so much emotion when I heard it.

southerngirl

HSC
When I listened to Use Somebody and Manhattan I kinda teared up also..haha just because I love them so much and I think the new stuff is so good. Different, but good.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
The album's on my list of ones I have to acquire - or at least listen to - for the year, along with Death Magnetic, Dig Out Your Soul and No Line On The Horizon.

Not sure how the brothers (and cousin) Followil can top Arizona, though.

your.knee

i'm lizzing
HSC
i haven't been a big fan of kol's older stuff, its just been alright but i really love the songs i've heard from only by the night e.g sex on fire, crawl, closer. i didnt get to listen to much of it when they played it in full on jjj on friday but i'll probably still buy it sometime soon.

all.time.fiend

WANT SOME FRIES
HSC
your.knee said:
i haven't been a big fan of kol's older stuff, its just been alright but i really love the songs i've heard from only by the night e.g sex on fire, crawl, closer. i didnt get to listen to much of it when they played it in full on jjj on friday but i'll probably still buy it sometime soon.
or dl it now and buy it later?

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
i can't imagine being not liking their old stuff, yet being a fan of the new stuff.

zaqwerty

HSC
Espo15 said:
i can't imagine being not liking their old stuff, yet being a fan of the new stuff.
It's understandable, the music has changed a little. Not majorly, but enough to have opinions that are different on the old compared to the new.

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
the only thing different about the new music is that it's worse!

zaqwerty

HSC
It annoys me when people judge a band because their music changes as they grow.

It's easy for people to say "I hate it, go back to your old sound!"

But I'm sure if they kept writing album after album that sounded the same as their first, people would complain that they're boring and all their songs sound the same.

Musicians need to grow and innovate and mature and this usually equals different music as their careers move along.

So, complain that you don't like it, but think; at least they're trying to produce something new and unique.

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
i'm not judging or hating on kings of leon, although saying it's different because they're being innovative and trying to do something new and unique is a bit of a stretch.. i don't really think it's a different sound AT ALL. they haven't really deviated or innovated on their earlier stuff.. it just sounds worse haha.

ANYWAYS i still really like them but i'm just saying it would be hard to deny that youth & young manhood and aha shake are way WAY better than their last two albums therefore it's kinda hard to understand how someone would like the new stuff and hate the old. YA KNOE LOL?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)