• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ITT: mature and fashionable clothing only (both male and female) (3 Viewers)

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
should start an outfit of the day thread

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A
Asian edition ( mainly women fashion, picked by gf. Sook else where if you dont like Asian fashion)

Last edited:

dionb2014

HSC
Okay this thread inspired me, so I looked through some tommy hilfiger stuff and I have picked out about 8 things that I like with my parents credit card details by my side. I just want to know if tommy hilfiger us ships to Australia.

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A
Okay this thread inspired me, so I looked through some tommy hilfiger stuff and I have picked out about 8 things that I like with my parents credit card details by my side. I just want to know if tommy hilfiger us ships to Australia.
No sure to to be honest. But you can always use forward service to ship it to Australia. For example, Shipito and priceusa. Sometime it works out even cheaper, as 99% of the time shipping within US are free.

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A
First on my list is definitely these pants
Here's my opinion, unless you are <18 then cargo pants are a big NO. My 2 cents.

Edit: always buy on sales. If you are rich disregard my comment. Since US having Black Friday sales, you should shop around.

Last edited:

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A
Well if you really love it then get it. Hvae you looked at any other brands? For example, Ralph Lauren, Rugby Ralph Lauren, J crew...ect. Don't rush because you are exited, shop around.

Edit: I think you should read this very useful little tips, Dionb2014:

1) Investing in one item of high quality from a reputable brand is better than three items of lesser quality from a cheap brand. Keep it for decades.

2) Buy clothes that complement your build. For example, if you have an athletic body, show it off- tastefully- with clean and form fitting lines. If you're a bit more stockier, stay away from vertical patterns and 3 button suits.

3) Generally, anything made in USA, England, France, etc. > China, Mexico, Malaysia, etc.

4) Buy the staple items that will be the backbone of your wardrobe first (see list above). When you've got the basics covered then you can build on it.

5) Honor the classics. Embrace minimalism.

6) Find a good tailor. Custom fit your clothes.

7) Prefer the originals. Sperry Boat Shoes, Brooks OCBD, Ray-Ban Clubmasters, Levis Jeans.

8) Darker colors and neutral patterns are always more versatile.

9) Natural material is better than man-made. 100% cotton or wool > polyester.

10) NEVER BUY FULL PRICE. Be frugal. Clothes can be cheap if you know where and how to look.

Last edited:

dionb2014

HSC
Is tommy hilfiger a lower quality band?
Yeah I've looked around jcrew and jpress and Ralph Lauren and I have stuff from them but in the last week I have just got really plastic happy with the credit card and I can't wait to buy some new additions to my wardrobe

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A
Is tommy hilfiger a lower quality band?
Yeah I've looked around jcrew and jpress and Ralph Lauren and I have stuff from them but in the last week I have just got really plastic happy with the credit card and I can't wait to buy some new additions to my wardrobe
The brand is okay, Would i pay full price for it? no, not worth paying premium. There are many other better price to quality ratio brands out there.

Don't impulse buy, read the tips above.

Edit: what you buying? sport coat, pants and ties?

Last edited:

dionb2014

HSC
I'm really just buying whatever I like the look of to be honest. I know that whole don't impulse buy thing, but part of the fun in getting things is buying them on a whim. Full price at tommy isn't very outrageous anyway.

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A
lol not sure if your parents would be happy with your spending spree, but thats another story. Anyways, i already gave my opinion, in the end your money your decision.

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A
Just read your sig, you only in year 9? fuck i wish i could spend that much money when i was your age. Yea im jelly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)