• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is this good enough for 97+ ATAR (1 Viewer)

fatassmcfat

HSC
I need 97 for med, but if i can get 99+ then even better (i guess depends how good I do in UMAT). Anyway do you think my current ranks are good enough for 97 or 99 even :

English: 1st
Chemistry: 10-15th
PDHPE: 1st
VA: 1st
SOR: 10-15th (BUT SHARING THIS RANK WITH LIKE A MILLION OTHER PEOPLE)
Math: 80-90th (LOL)
Extension eng: no assessments so far

My school usually fluctuates from top 45-30 ish
I know the actual ranks sounds good but some of my subjects are 'shitty scaling' thus i am scared it will be less than what school ranks me.....also do you have advice on like what i should prioritise or whatever (like i know i should prioritise the shitty scaling ones or else they will become even worse) but any other stuff would be good......SO YEAH THANKS :)

fatassmcfat

HSC
Oh right do i need to put numberof people in each subject?
English: 150ish
Chemistry: 50ish
PDHPE: 40ish
VA: 15ish
SOR: 60ish
Math: 110ish
Extension: 30ish

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I'm guessing around 95-96 with those ranks (I'm not counting Extension English) yet and your Math is dragging you down heaps.

Last edited:

fatassmcfat

HSC
damn, what about if i bring math to top 50? and assume extension i get in top 5-10?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
damn, what about if i bring math to top 50? and assume extension i get in top 5-10?
You probably could get to 97 that way, but if you really want to get that mark, you would need to be in the top 5% of your year 12 cohort.

All I can say is keep working as hard as possible and try your best to maximise your opportunities of getting those marks!

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Make sure you work very hard in Maths to pull yourself up-remember to practice plenty of questions and circle any difficult questions that you can come back to work on. To achieve better results, you are likely to have to spend more time on maths to pull your ranks up significantly, even if you do manage to get into Medicine, you still need to have a strong ability in mathematical thinking and skills, so it will pay dividends in the long run, beyond just for the benefits of the HSC to strengthen your results in Maths:). Best wishes for you to ace your studies this year:)

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
Maths is just slaughtering you right now ! From my estimate, you're about 95 since first in 3 subjects is really something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)