• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Integration Help ! (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Hi Guys ,

The question is:

Integrate 3/x

and the marking notes said that you need to use log function.

It may b easy bt i need help plz !

Thnx :D

_deloso

HSC
:D

Howd you do that ?

I kinda suck at log functions ... lol
The derivative of a log function is log(x)= f(x)/ f'(x) so in your case, you would do the opposite. But the derivative of x isn't 3... however 3 is a constant therefore you can "take it out" of the function like the post above. Thus 3/x can also become 3 times 1/x. Now the derivative of x is 1. Therefore the integral of 1/x is a log function.. so log(x) but the three is still there. you would include that in the answer to become 3log(x)... oh and dont forget the constant. so 3log(x) + c

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
:D

Howd you do that ?

I kinda suck at log functions ... lol
The definition of a logarithmic integral,

[Assuming ]

Now,

So hence if we integrate,

I put the absolute brackets since the logarithm is only defined for anything above 0.

With your form,

Since the top is the derivative of the bottom, which is -

We can integrate directly,

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
The derivative of a log function is log(x)= f(x)/ f'(x) so in your case, you would do the opposite. But the derivative of x isn't 3... however 3 is a constant therefore you can "take it out" of the function like the post above. Thus 3/x can also become 3 times 1/x. Now the derivative of x is 1. Therefore the integral of 1/x is a log function.. so log(x) but the three is still there. you would include that in the answer to become 3log(x)... oh and dont forget the constant. so 3log(x) + c

Thank You !!

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Other way. HSC stress?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)