• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Indonesia seeks 20 yrs jail for Christian beheadings (1 Viewer)

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Nebuchanezzar said:
Man, there's a bit too much pseudo-racism and stereotyping in this thread if you ask me. My beef is with the Indonesian government and legal systems, not with the people.
My favorite stupid lefty excuse, its like "I don't hate americans, just their government," the truth is if you hate an aspect of any country short of an outright dictatorship, in your case government and legal systems, its only logical that these things don't exist in a vacuum, but rather are a reflection of the people that created them, or the unwillingness of those people to change them.

HSC
bshoc said:
My favorite stupid lefty excuse, its like "I don't hate americans, just their government," the truth is if you hate an aspect of any country short of an outright dictatorship, in your case government and legal systems, its only logical that these things don't exist in a vacuum, but rather are a reflection of the people that created them, or the unwillingness of those people to change them.
lol.

John Howard is a reflection of Australia? Mark Latham? Pauline Hanson? Rudd?

Dongle

HSC
bshoc said:
My favourite stupid righty excuse, its like picking on the left even if they have a perfectly valid point while trying to demonstrate hate at every chance they get, even if is irrelevant to the argument at hand.

Neb raised a perfectly logical point. Why should citizens of a country be attacked and stereotyped on the basis of actions done by a minority in power? No country is a perfect reflection of their population. You're just trying to use crappy logic to justify your elitist, and probably racist views. People can't always change their circumstances if they wanted to. Do you think the government of the USA, the so-called 'leader of the free world', is reflective of Americans? No! There are many different types of people - ranging from the educated elite to the warmongering, racist, hillbilly bastard!

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Man, you know that when someone begins by issuing vague, ad hominem attacks ("you stupid lefty! you don't know what you're saying!") leading others to do the same, they've got skill. :santa:

but rather are a reflection of the people that created them, or the unwillingness of those people to change them.
The best reponse that I can give is that your statement is completely incorrect. Although cliched, I offer the examples of Hitler and the Third Reich, Saddam Hussein and his Baath party, the Taliban, Augusto Pinochet, the current Chinese dictatorship and even George W. Bush. No, it's not a matter of the people being unwilling, it's the matter of the people not having a chance, and even being misled from birth. But hey, I'm sure that there are a few wackos in Indonesia. One only has to watch the news to see people standing outside the courtroom, blindly supporting death sentences. I feel that it's a bit misinformed to suggest that everyone is like that though.

But even so, who really cares? Point of the matter is that the Indonesian judicial system, the government and whoever's responcible for not changing these awful laws, well, they all suck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)