• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

If You're a Christian, Muslim or Jew - You are Wrong (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
veterandoggy said:
there is how strong you believe.
What's that supposed to mean? "I believe there is a God, except on Tuesdays"? You either believe there is a God or you do not.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
SashatheMan said:
how many sins can i 9 year old accumilate anyway that she deserves to go throw this? and why arent other people who die much older dont all experience more sins then her?

but if she healed then god intened it to be that way , if she didnt heal before she died then it was intended anyway. Still doesnt answer the reason to prey in such a situation.

that argement wasnt a matter of time that a prayer takes, but rather the uselessness it serves in situations like this, if you were to follow a religion (christianity in this matteer)
like i said, she may already be going to heaven, so it would also be a tes for her family's patience. i wish i would experience strong disease and be guaranteed heaven, im sure you would too, if you believed heaven existed...

you dont understand. allah knows that you will pray/not pray. he didnt say that you would. he only wrote it down because he knew you would.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
withoutaface said:
What's that supposed to mean? "I believe there is a God, except on Tuesdays"? You either believe there is a God or you do not.
you believe there is a god, but how closely do you adhere to his orders? how much do you love him? how willing are you to give up a bad habit and replace it with a good habit? these are easy questions to answer, but hard ones to enact upon.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
veterandoggy said:
you believe there is a god, but how closely do you adhere to his orders? how much do you love him? how willing are you to give up a bad habit and replace it with a good habit? these are easy questions to answer, but hard ones to enact upon.
That has nothing to do with faith, that is obedience.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
there is how strong you believe.
if you are talking about how devoted the person is to their religion, they all have the same faith, its just that they devote more of thier time following the same silly faith.

while we are on the subject of differnt levels of devotion.
let me ask you this.
a fundemental muslim who devoted his whole life to following the religion and doing everything, and teaches others about, will probably go to heaven as yuor religion states.
However will a muslim who prays to your god , however doesnt follow strict guidelines in the quran , and does things like have sex before marriage or sometihng else agaisnt what the book sais. they believe they are going to heaven.

or That leslie chick who said she was a muslim.

who is going to hevean and who is not. And if one person devotes more time then the other to allah, wouldnt it be unfair to send them both to heaven. Shouldnt the more devoted person deserve a higher reward?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
veterandoggy said:
level of obedience adds up to level of faith. if you love god dearly, why wouldnt you follow his every command?
I believe that person X exists. If I hate person X this does not make my level of belief any lower.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
SashatheMan said:
if you are talking about how devoted the person is to their religion, they all have the same faith, its just that they devote more of thier time following the same silly faith.

while we are on the subject of differnt levels of devotion.
let me ask you this.
a fundemental muslim who devoted his whole life to following the religion and doing everything, and teaches others about, will probably go to heaven as yuor religion states.
However will a muslim who prays to your god , however doesnt follow strict guidelines in the quran , and does things like have sex before marriage or sometihng else agaisnt what the book sais. they believe they are going to heaven.

or That leslie chick who said she was a muslim.

who is going to hevean and who is not. And if one person devotes more time then the other to allah, wouldnt it be unfair to send them both to heaven. Shouldnt the more devoted person deserve a higher reward?
dude, im not allah, i cant tell you, but let me tell you that a jewish man who had sinned all his life went to heaven just because he saw a thirsty dog and filled up his shoe with water to let him drink.

you have also left out the factor of repentance. if the repentance is sincere, allah will forgive all his sins, except for the ones which involve other people. in that case, the other person needs to forgive him in order for allah to forgive him

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
dude, im not allah, i cant tell you, but let me tell you that a jewish man who had sinned all his life went to heaven just because he saw a thirsty dog and filled up his shoe with water to let him drink.

you have also left out the factor of repentance. if the repentance is sincere, allah will forgive all his sins, except for the ones which involve other people. in that case, the other person needs to forgive him in order for allah to forgive him
did the jewish man send u a post card from heaven? or how u know that he ended up there?

well surely there must be a line where mulsim people dont meet the cut , to enter heaven. You cant expect a prophet and someone who was a muslim for a week, to enter hevean under the same rules.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
like i said, she may already be going to heaven, so it would also be a tes for her family's patience. i wish i would experience strong disease and be guaranteed heaven, im sure you would too, if you believed heaven existed...

you dont understand. allah knows that you will pray/not pray. he didnt say that you would. he only wrote it down because he knew you would.
u wish you got a strong disease so u are guaranteed to go to heaven?
so you have doubt weather youll end up going to heaven.

if you want i know a great place where u can find used needles that HIV positive people used. i am sure your ticket to heaven will be an express

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
SashatheMan said:
did the jewish man send u a post card from heaven? or how u know that he ended up there?

well surely there must be a line where mulsim people dont meet the cut , to enter heaven. You cant expect a prophet and someone who was a muslim for a week, to enter hevean under the same rules.
it is in a hadith, and also in that hadith a pious woman went to hell because she locked up her cat in a cupboard and let it starve.

if the person entered heaven, it wouldnt be with the same thing as a prophet. there are 100 levels in heaven, the lowest, above hell (it isnt low to the level that you feel its heat. its low to the extent that you can see the people in hell), and the highest, under allah's throne. when you convert, you become basically clean of sins again, so you could be onn any of the 100 levels, not really the lowest, cos you've been a muslim for a week.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
SashatheMan said:
u wish you got a strong disease so u are guaranteed to go to heaven?
so you have doubt weather youll end up going to heaven.

if you want i know a great place where u can find used needles that HIV positive people used. i am sure your ticket to heaven will be an express
i meant a natural disease, not one like that! your funny in a foolish way. if i knew i was going to heaven, why would i pray. i will go to heaven one way or another, but i need to pray so that when i do, i will be closer to allah, not hell.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
The 7 levels of hell came from Dante's Inferno and possibly Paradise Lost.

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
I'm glad that buddhist beliefs aren't so crappy. Probably cuz there's no god to worship. For me, it's scary, but it may also be a good thing. Maybe...

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
islam isnt a new cult. if you read the torah and the old testament, you will notice similarities galore. but at the same time you will notice alot of differences as well.

sasha, it seems like you have traded your constructive arguments with WAF's mockery, and you seem to be going downhill in the ability to post proper speech

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
veterandoggy said:
islam isnt a new cult. if you read the torah and the old testament, you will notice similarities galore. but at the same time you will notice alot of differences as well.

sasha, it seems like you have traded your constructive arguments with WAF's mockery, and you seem to be going downhill in the ability to post proper speech
I gave up responding to your posts in an intelligent manner days ago, now I'm trying to bring them down to a level you might comprehend, but obviously I'll have to keep sinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)