• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

I guess I should start studying (1 Viewer)

pRiNCesS..!!

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Id say so, as long as you've put some effort in during the year. My friends got around 82 and they didnt do anymore than me, as long as you have SOME idea what your on about, the markers aernt gona be slack, they are aware of the stakes. The only way you get a UAI of <70 IMO is if you havent given a shyte all year and if you've done all dumba*se subjects. Even then, a friend on mine got a UAI of like 65, and he didnt even wana go to uni but he got in! That was with 0 effort.
yer i only need a 65 UAI coz i get 5 bonus marks for being in the area or something...i could only hope i get that:(

HSC
Really? Wow, I never knew it could be like that. But when you say no effort, do you mean could not really care but of average capability, in that someone can not put in any effort but be naturally intelligent.......

Bonus marks for being in which area of what? I know UOW is 3, but 5!!!! Holy moly!!!!

P

pLuvia

Schoolies_2004 said:
Theres no real need to stress over the HSC, it is so overrated its not funny! As long as you've put SOME effort in all year, put alittle study in, you'll go alrite. I did jack all study and I got a UAI of 79!!! The only time you really need to study LOADS is if you want a UAI of like 90+.
Yeh of course that happen ;)

Jiga

Obviously no effort would mean studying the day before or something, but in general he didnt care at all and still got 65, he had already paid his $1000 to tafe and then found out he got into uni with 65!!!

Needless to say though, dont go in thinking you dont have to study at all and you will go well. How many days left till da HSC, like 9, start hittin da books hard now and you should go reasonably, provided you hav some idea wat your talking bout. Btw, i got 79 and 1 unit of 2U mathematics was counted, SOMEHOW from getting 30% as an in class mark it got scaled to like 60%! Jus an example of how scalin can help alot...altho it can be bad to.

Also, try not to freak out to much, I remember one guy who was really smart, like studied heaps, went really good in junior years but when he hit yr 11 and 12 he struggled....the stress had a real bad effect, some ppl just cant handle it. I attribute my ok UAi to bein calm, I was personally resigned to going to tafe, and it was a pleasant suprise to get into uni. Moral of story, its not the end of the world, there are other avenues and keep your options open.

Simply put - stay calm, study, and jus take it easy n dont freak out.

Jiga

Yeh of course that happen
I will take dat as a sarcastic comment? Well it is true, alot of ppl get UAI's around 70-85, its only ppl wanting to get more that have to study LOADS more to distinguish themselves from the rest. In my situation, I didnt wana do this, I just wanted an avg to above avg UAi, which only required minimal study. This is because if you want to distinguish yourslef you need to REALLY knows your shtye and show it, which obviously takes alot more time to learn harder concepts. This was at least true for Economics!

P

pLuvia

Did you make into a UNI? if so congratulations (no sarcasm) :p

HSC
I have no idea of the scaling business, if I have gotten around the 85 mark (with the exception of 2 unit maths around 75), is it a good mark to maintain? What would these marks do to my mark in the HSC? (plain english as this whole scaling and crap about school ranks and etc etc I do not get).

Jiga

Yea I dont kno to be honest, it depends on so many things. But if your gettin heaps of 85's and ur lowest is 75 (is this correct?) then you should get a prity good UAI, provided you go ok in the HSC to. My school marks, before scaling were like this

Maths 30%, Economics 70%, Accounting 85%, English 65%, Business Studies 88% & Religion 75%. Thats prity ordinary aye, scaling must hav helped, and my skool was fool of dumba*ses so I dont know how I went well. My marks btw in the HSC were prity much similar to my school ones, maybe alittle higher for Eco and Business.

As for the uni question, I did get into uni!! And im happy as, I thought Id be tafe bound.

jdrockefeller

HSC
I'm glad some dumbarse hack who only got 79 is helping motivate us. Dude, don't post again. You failed at the HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)