• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

how would u improve english marks? (1 Viewer)

youngminii

Banned
HSC
ekoolish said:
NEVER prepare any sort of story for a creative response if you prepare for a creavtive response you are limiting yourself to what you can write, your story needs to flow and relate to the stimulus directly. The relation must be clear and concise if you prepare one, two or even three stories you're taking a risk. But some people are simply un-creative therefore i'm not sure if your like that and preparing a creative response if your thing.

As for vocabulary and reading and writtign skills you should read books, not fiction books but non-fiction instead.

Hopes this helps
Nop
If you have a creative mind, you can easily warp your PRE-WRITTEN story to fit the question in the 5 minutes reading time
If you don't, it's still a lot better to pre-write one
You know why? 'Cause half the time, you'll either write in too much depth, or too little
The other half, you just won't use enough techniques (ie. figurative language)
So unless you are the king at time management and you've got AT LEAST the basic outline of the story memorised, you will never beat the top students

Aplus

HSC
N/A
ratcher0071 said:
You can't even understand their essays :(
I've been reading Nietzsche's "Beyond Good and Evil" and that text is just so damn hard to understand.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
nerdsforever said:
How can I BS in English exams and still get good?
Well it depends on how much you BS. If you have written 90% of your essay as good pure facts, and you're just looking to add extra info with the hope of gaining extra marks, then make bs up... but make sure the bs sounds logical. However other than that... bs in an english exam - won't do you much good in Year 11 and 12 (maybe in Year 10).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)