• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How to write faster (1 Viewer)

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
I've got a little problem with signo uniball pens...
They tend to suddenly cease to imprint ink for no reason, in the middle of a continuous line. So when I'm writing half of one letter may appear but the other half won't, even though I had not lifted the pen off the page. However the ink reappears some time later just as suddenly. I checked the ink in the pen and it seems pretty smooth. Any ideas?

legally_blonde

oh my gosh you guys really think you can improve speed with different pens?
Quick! Which one is the best???
just did an area of study paper today with 3 pages for each section - they were big pages, bigger than the BOS ones, so is that still not good enough???
Can't seem to get out everything I need to - i never used to run out of time in exams but now i do!
im making sure i get everything out concisely but thats not enough - i want to expand!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i think its just best to pick a pen you love and stick with it..oh, and have plenty of spares in case they run out ;)
as you may have read in earlier posts, my personal fav is the bic crystal m, but not many people like it, most people prefer really inky gel-ly type ones..
i recommend you go down to woolies or your newsagents or wherever and just buy one of each pen (it could be quite expensive ;)) and go home and try them out..write letters to friends and see how much you can write in 40 minutes with various pens.

good luck!

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I think I should be eligible for a computer because I can't use a decent pen as a left hander as I smudge my writing beyond comprehension.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
im a lefty too. but i find the cheaper pens are best for me (hence my luv of the BIC CRYSTAL M), coz as soon as u write, they are dry, unlike the really inky expensive pens, so you dont smudge.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Yeah, I often found that the cheapest pens usually smudged the least. That was until I was given a parker pen as a birthday present - god's gift to left handers. Didn't smudge at all. Bloody expensive though.

Azn fairies

is u can't write neat.. u can always ask ur teacher to allow u to type up the answer in the exam (that what this guy did in the trial)..

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Suvat
I've got a little problem with signo uniball pens...
They tend to suddenly cease to imprint ink for no reason, in the middle of a continuous line. So when I'm writing half of one letter may appear but the other half won't, even though I had not lifted the pen off the page. However the ink reappears some time later just as suddenly. I checked the ink in the pen and it seems pretty smooth. Any ideas?
the pilot ones are like that as well
something about inky pens

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Azn fairies
is u can't write neat.. u can always ask ur teacher to allow u to type up the answer in the exam (that what this guy did in the trial)..
are you asking me? no, i have no probs with my handwriting, it is really neat, its just with inky pens they dont dry quickly enough, and as im a left hander, as i write my next word, my hand rests on words i have just written, smudging them.

blue_lemonade

i'm a lefty too...and i agree with jess...the cheap pens are the best
i like the staedtler stick 430 pens, they dont smudge...and...i like the smell of the ink...=P..i'm weird!
also...i like to use those squishy pen grip things...makes things more comfortable

Tia

Syd Mem
HSC
N/A
Do you print of handwrite? Printing is harder & takes longer to write but i guess u prob. noe that already.
In yor 3.5 pages - can you get all your ideas down? :)

Foong

The best pen for me is definitely thePilot G1(not G2, there's a big difference) pen, although you might not be able to find it in australia. I usually import mine

is a roflcopter
HSC
suvat!

artline super fines

they are soo good
the only down side is they last 1 essay

FLR-IT

usually wen i get into the test i just write like 10 times faster than normal automatically. i think if the pressure really gets to you it kinda makes u write faster.

Benno

HSC
i hate it when ur wrting and u look out the window and lose ur thoughts !!! in the trail i looked out the window thinkin "dam she is fine" totaly 4got my thoughts

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Im a lefty too, wouldn't that be good if it was grounds for using a typewriter!!

I print, and 4 pages tends to be what I get up to in 40 mins.

Metho NoX

I find tthe Parker pens are really smooth. Sure they set you back $17 a pair but I think it is worth it. They're also metallically shiney if metallically is a word.
Also beats he hell out of those craptacular el-cheapo pens.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
im a lefty too. but i find the cheaper pens are best for me (hence my luv of the BIC CRYSTAL M), coz as soon as u write, they are dry, unlike the really inky expensive pens, so you dont smudge.

yeah, i'm a leftie as well....i use the pilot pen (ballpoint, fine).

mle

My writing is ridiculously messy, and in exams i misspell words (like writing tha instead of that).

Im not sure why, but in one of the King Lear essays I decided to write really fast, and finished about 20min early. I dont normally do that, and I realised i could fit heaps more in, but Im afraid I dunno exactly what I did, i just willed my hand to move faster. Ofcourse, my hand was bloody tired at the end of it and I'd die if i did that for a full 2 hours, but there you have it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)