• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How to understand things in bio? (1 Viewer)

Aysce

HSC
Hey guys, I'm trying a new approach towards my study method for biology, and I was just wondering, what do you guys do to actually UNDERSTAND biology instead of memorising it? Please throw me some tips, it'll be appreciated ! :biggrin:

jnney

lemon
HSC
Agree with above.

If you want, watch a few youtube vids. but that's about it. biology is so boring.

Aysce

HSC
Agree with above.

If you want, watch a few youtube vids. but that's about it. biology is so boring.
Ooh so it's just basically memorising ay? T____T

jnney

lemon
HSC
yep. well it's not about how well you memorize your content, it's about how well you answer the question. but yeah..memorize. lol.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Draw diagrams, mind maps, explain concepts to friends/family...

If you don't understand something, do some extra research, or ask your teacher for more help.

smartalec

HSC
Ooh so it's just basically memorising ay? T____T
wronggggg! have you read the 2010 hsc paper for biology? Its all about APPLYING knowledge now - a new trend arising with ALL BOS papers. I recommend researching animation related to the topic your confused about...theres some really good stuff out there! If it was all about memorising, how is that a measure of a persons knowledge of the subject (although that means having to study harder :( )

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
year 11 bio sucks big time(except patterns in nature)! work ahead and do the year 12 stuff, its soo much more interesting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)