• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How to study effiently and SMARTER for the HSC? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I don't make notes. I just go flick through all the things that I wrote in my book when studying for an exam.

zxreth

HSC
you can start off by knowing how to spell EFFICIENTLY, then do your notes :)

SpreadTheWord

HSC
It may not be essential now to make syllabus notes, but i will recommend you do as of year 12. Teacher's tend to cover a lot of the content, but not all of it and therefore the syllabus is your guide.

So, make notes regularly (don't leave to last term, as you will become overloaded), revise them, and do past papers. That's the HSC. I find that im ahead of most of my classes, through doing all of these. Oh, and hastle the teachers, ask questions on here (like you are) and continually look for ways of improving your academic ways.

HSC
Why pick on spelling mistakes? It was a silly mistake; probably a typo or something.

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
notes on syllabus. english notes on context themes techniques. maths textbook questions past papers. easy to improve on most subjects except english and math.

HSC
I am actually in Year 10; gotten away with poor study habits all throughout high school, but know I can't afford it in Year 11 and 12.

tambam

HSC
I am actually in Year 10; gotten away with poor study habits all throughout high school, but know I can't afford it in Year 11 and 12.
If you're in year 10, just spend year11 experimenting with what works best for you.
Focus on maths (if you do it) & english, because the skills in year 11 you'll need for year 12.

But everything else, all the content related subjects, you don't actually need anything you learn in year11 for year12.
So just try different ways of studying.
(Make notes, do papers, dot points vs. paragraphs, practice essays)
& see what works best for you and is most efficient.
Then when you're in year12 you'll be good.

timting95

HSC
I found the best way to study for science was making summaries for each Syllabus dot point each day you cover it in class. Then read the next 3 days ahead in your textbook. Don't worry about committing any of the new information from the textbook to knowledge just read it. By doing that by the time you learn it in class you've already read the information twice before hand and you can make your notes much easier. For maths i gathered questions from different textbooks and tried to do as many questions as i could afford a night (i aimed to get a range of questions - hence different textbooks) I found english much harder to study for. It was just a matter of fact to know what techniques can apply. I usually just annotated my poems and texts, i also labelled individual pages that i thought had interesting quotes. For my trials i had basically committed most of the information to memory so the week before each of my exams i just went through past papers. I hope this helps. :)

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I think learning to spell 'efficiently' would be a great start.

HSC
Oh for god's sake, it was an TYPO. Everyone makes them, especially when you type as fast as I do. Don't understand the logic in picking on spelling mistakes over the internet. I'll even change it if you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)