• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

how to shop like a pro (1 Viewer)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
So iam not that good at making funny photoshops. I can do some decent photo retouching, but the funny ones are hard. I can shoop da whoop and just your standard face transplant but i have difficulty with harder stuff like editing text in the right font and really quality shops so you cant tell the pic has been messed with.

So post up where you learnt your skills, some tutorials and shit would be cool. I am sure we would all like to know.

ohdato

HSC
I started doing chopped cars, lowering it, wheels, paint. Eventually cutting off doors, pretty much every panel of the car and changing it into another making
like a hybrid of two makes.

Doing this gave me the know how to use raw tools other than using filters and presets to alter images later on particularly in HSC Art.
There are plenty of tutorials on anything and everything but you gotta take those in and know how to do it without those...

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
shoop da whoop = this internet meme where u take this red mouth and boggly eyes and stick it on a picture. It started with cell from dragonball z.

Asylum i did that exact search, iam not looking how to retouch photos or create specy efects e.g

i could maybe do the face. the black shit in the way would make it harder so my job would be shitty but i could do it. The text i would have alot of difficulty with.

an original AYB

NFI how i would do this one

That kind of info is kinda hard to find, i would assume a few faqs would be floating around on certain messageboards like SomethingAweful[who do some of the best shops in their comp every now and again] but kind find anything

Lavenderpup

HSC
It's photomanipulation that you'd be looking up.

http://deviantart.com might have some tutorials...
The first image is alright... you have the back image, and then the girls. Select the clothing and then on a new layer paste in that first image. And of course, set it onto clipping mask.
Then you either use dodge or burn to give it shadows or lower the opacity.

2nd one? a really ugly computer chip thing cut out from a 2d game and then resized and pasted on..or the person might have actually gone to the trouble of mini pixels and then resized it.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Theres no big secret to it, photoshop follows basic art theory, and the manipulation tools are all there. A few tips and tricks include layering and airbrushing, but that requires a) patience or b) a tablet.

AppleXY

s00 l33t xD
HSC
Uni Grad
I was hooked in photoshop for about 4 years. I did graphics design for site elments and sometimes site templates and others.

WinMatrix.com <-- An awesome community with awesome graphics designers (was apart the community since 2003, i think)

Goodtutorials.com <-- bloody good tutorial portal site

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)