• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

how to get above 98 uai??anyone who got a high uai--plz give sum tips (2 Viewers)

sam_account

HSC
how to get above 98 uai??anyone who got a high uai--plz give sum tips...your help is appreciated--thankss

like how many hrs did u guys study...on school days and on weekends??

wat was the most effective way of memorising..u guys found?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
I'm a class of 2005 student, so I haven't got a UAI yet. But I thought I'd at least attempt to answer your question anyway:

1. Hard work = a high UAI

2. It's not the amount of hours you study that's important, but rather how effectively you study. Someone who studies for 5 hours a day without absorbing too much information may not perform as well as one who studies for 2 hours and actually takes in information.

3. Memorising: pnemonics are good to use for memorising lists. Other than that, I'd say repetition is the best way to memorise things.

fakingtheday

HSC
The HSC is geared around rules. Do science subjects. Know the concepts and how everything goes together. Learn to preempt the type of questions. Stay cool. Daily study is bullshit, it's not for everyone.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Yea, as fakingtheday said, not everyone can keep to a routine. I know I can't. My studying is usually random. But to succeed you must know how to appeal to the marker...that's probably the most important point.

fakingtheday

HSC
Yeah, especially in english. It's often the killer, you have to answer the question, incorporate techniques but also demonstrate your own creative flare. This is how i studied for trials. I was so sick of everything by the week before mark and i hadn't written a think. I constantly think about everything, practical applications etc etc. It should become a part of your life, if only for a year and then leave it be. Isolating it doesn't work.

Listen to wrench, an aim that high intimidates me.

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
Study from the syllabus - Make notes on every dot point

English: memorise themes, character names (SPELL THEM RIGHT), key scenes quotes etc and practice using this knowledge in practice papers (not just essays. remember to practice interviews, short stories, feature articles etc)

Listen in class.

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
ah yes, english.
i get 13/15 for the synthesis, but the comment was
"you lack flair and originality, but you do enough.."
:rolleyes:

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Well from a humanities perspective this what I would suggest, but I havn't actually done the HSC yet!

English- Everyone goes on about quotes, themes, ideas, techniques etc and they are all important, but personally I think an true understanding of the text is important. Read or Watch the text a couple of times and really get into it, this is especially for Module B, I think it adds integrity to your analysis because you actually understand it, rather then regurgitating some study guide. From there on all the analysis flows. Personally thats what I do anyway.

For all the humanities in general, the syllabus is the bible. Cover all the points even the obscure ones. Another thing look over past questions, because there are only really a certain ammount of different questions they can ask you based on the standard of the last couple of years.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes the syllabus.....use it! Know it of by heart!

I know many people who study by using the textbook as a guide.....DONT. Use the syllabus, and make your own notes on each point.

Also look at the "Students learn to:" sections in the syllabus. They give a great idea on the kind of questions they will ask. (more often than not questions are modeled off them)

sam_account

HSC
thanks

hmmm..interesting ..sum1 replied..hehe..thanks guys..

btw......for 2u/3u math which text book would u guys recommendd??

i have used most of the common text books like fitz/excel/jeff geha.. ..except..cambridge. and teryy lee...are they the hardest??

which text book has really tough questions???Qs which resemble question 5/6/7 for 3u and 9/10 for 2u??

thanks--ur help's appreciated

ps: how do u guys relax in exams?? i was sooo nervous during my math n eng exams!!!!!argHHHH

HSC
study your ass off. thats what my mate done. no social life for her. but some can probally have both

Mandy101

HSC
Work hard. That's what all my 98/99+ mates have said. There's no other way to do it.

7th Sign

HSC
just study hard...and do past papers...write summaries on your shit...

ou should go ok my sister goe 97.9 uai or something doing that

HSC
my sister got 96 TER (which I hear is like 98+ more equilivant UAI) and she told me truthfully (she didnt lie like others who get 99 and say they didnt study), she said she did 4 hours a day during school days, she spent 1st hour on one subject, 10min break, 1hour on next subject and sofourth

walked into the exams and destroyed them, in year 11 she was getting 20% or so for all her subjects, so trust me anyone can make a turn around

sam_account

HSC
thanks for the tips guys...but what about my math inquiry??

or should it be posted in math section??

jdrockefeller

HSC
Funny how the thread asks for people with high UAI's, yet all the advice he gets is from people WHO DON'T HAVE UAI'S.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
jdrockefeller said:
Funny how the thread asks for people with high UAI's, yet all the advice he gets is from people WHO DON'T HAVE UAI'S.
yet that dosent make any of the advice any less valuable or reliable. Its common sense really.

jdrockefeller

HSC
Common sense perhaps. But I don't recall Sam asking for COMMON SENSE TIPS. He wants people with HIGH UAI'S to pass on advice. Does anyone in this thread qualify to disperse such information? No? INTERESTING.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yet the orginal poster says:

"thanks for the tips guys"

and "hmmm..interesting ..sum1 replied..hehe..thanks guys.."

What exactly are you trying to acheive? Its good advice people have given.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)