• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HOW MANY RELATED TXTS- paper 2 |standard english| (1 Viewer)

laila.t

HSC
Hey so, i was looking at the past trends in hsc questions and i'm tryna guess like what kinds of questions they'll ask us on monday.

For Dialogue they've been asking for 1 related text since 2002 and it's been an essay. So i'm ASSUMING that they won't make a jump and tell us to do 2 related texts and some funky text type?

And for Module C, it's always been 2 related texts, except yrs 2006, 2007 which have been asked to do 1 related text. So... maybe they've decided 1 related text is the way to go?? Do you all think that maybe this is a good indication of what to expect on Monday?

:bomb: I'm really havin trouble studying 2 related texts in detail for both modules but I don't know... What's your opinions?

I am a ninja :ninja:

English (standard) 7/123
Maths (2u) 6/52
Maths (3u) 12/37
Biology 2/28
Chemistry 10/27
CAFS 4/33

Yeaahhh i suck.. im cool :uhhuh:

conics2008

HSC
just one is enough in my opinion..

man com'on 2 is taking abit too far..

ie.. 1 presrcibed + 2 related + 1 close study + 1 prescribed + 2 related..

thats too much man .. fuck... think about the quotes and lines we have to remember... stuff them

im sticking to 1 each.

laila.t

HSC
Yeah well i don't want a surprise in the test...like if it says 2 additional u cant just write one they'll pwn ur marks xD

But yeh i hav a feeling they'll be like 1 each for both mods A and C ... cos its true... 2 is fukn heaps. My mod A with one related is already 38min written :uhoh:

I am a ninja :ninja:

Zeestylez

HSC
i think for module C they might have changed from 2 related texts to 1 coz its the last essay and alot of people run out of time..
hope they stick to 1 this year..

conics2008

HSC
guys com'on some people do telling stories and henry lawson requires atleast 2 stories from prescribed and one related text.. they cant fucking just say 2 related.. its too much look at the 2007 hsc paper..

Basha&Ikani

HSC
conics2008 said:
guys com'on some people do telling stories and henry lawson requires atleast 2 stories from prescribed and one related text.. they cant fucking just say 2 related.. its too much look at the 2007 hsc paper..
the board of studies doesn't care whether you'll run out of time or not .. that's what you're supposed to be able to do .. write an essay in 40 mins regardless of how many supp. texts you're suppose to integrate .. it doesn't matter what the 2007 paper had, the BOS changes everything every year .. there was 2 supps required in the journeys paper this year and that was a wildcard .. last time they asked for 2 supps in the hsc was 2002 .. you really should have 2 prepared in case there's another wild card!!

laila.t

HSC
omgsh ur right... its always been one additional.. maybe they decided to fuck us over this yr cos its last year of journeys?

But then... that means there is a decent possibility that they will make us write 2 related for mods A and C this yr.. if they do im not guna have time :eek:

Last edited:

crestor

HSC
just have 2 related material but have just dont do a detailed analysis of one and just use it to link or contrast ideas

If only we could use just one related for area of study, gahh

electrik1991

HSC
Have 2 or 3 prepared just in case a related text + points you've made about it have no relevance to the question asked.

le-foot

HSC
2007 Paper:
-------------
Compare the ways in which your texts use narrative to explore aspects of human experience.
In your response, make detailed reference to your prescribed text and at least ONE other related
text of your own choosing.

• Prose Fiction – Henry Lawson, The Penguin Henry Lawson Short Stories
* The Drover’s Wife
* In a Dry Season
* The Loaded Dog
* Joe Wilson’s Courtship
---------

Okay - "... Make detailed reference to your prescribed text" for Henry Lawson - does that mean ONE story, such as "The Drover's Wife" would be enough?

Mantello

Banned
HSC
Guys it's the HSC, the markers won't put THAT much pressure onto you lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)