• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How many page exercise book should i buy for year 11? (1 Viewer)

HSC
lyounamu said:
I am actually taken aback by the great number of exercise books that everyone seems to be taking use of at the moment.

*completely abashed*
aw you shouldn't feel like that, everyone has a different style and as long as it works then that's awesome

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
you should not you should get folders and paper with dividers much more organised

HSC
emytaylor164 said:
you should not you should get folders and paper with dividers much more organised
Oh, okay I don't know what to do...

My plan was for each subject have an exercise book and display folder for eveyrthing at school. For study I would have a binder with loose leaf divided into topics because I hand write all of my notes???

Rainie

HSC
Use loose leaf + folder and divide them by using those coloured divider/tabs. It makes writing notes easier because you can just keep flipping back to the relevant units/modules. I find books harder to do that.

But, it's your choice =)

dp624

HSC
Rainie said:
Use loose leaf + folder and divide them by using those coloured divider/tabs. It makes writing notes easier because you can just keep flipping back to the relevant units/modules. I find books harder to do that.

But, it's your choice =)
Actually I find that loose leaf tends to tear a lot.
Maybe i'm a bit rough, haha

Rainie

HSC
dp624 said:
Actually I find that loose leaf tends to tear a lot.
Maybe i'm a bit rough, haha
That's why plastic sleeves were invented XD. If you're afraid of sheets tearing apart, get some sticky tape and reinforce the taped side on the paper ~ works perfectly fine :lol:

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
This year I plan on using loose leaf paper in plastic sleeves and using coloured dividers to subdivide everything I write... It's much easier to find things.... For hard study time for an exam I will use a lecture pad and quick side tab sticky note things :p You know what I mean (the coloured sticky things lol)

Apart from all the paper and plasitc sleeves, in some subjects I plan on having like a 64pg or 96pg A4 exercise book to write specific rules or practice creative writing (english obviously).

h3ll h0und

HSC
im planning to use those 192 page tudor grid books for maths...im not sure if its sufficient though and as for other subjects i got 196 page exercise/binder books

HSC
how come i never find A4 grid books for maths?! ...except for at the newsagent which are ripoffs!

kmart, target doesnt have them... tried officeworks but they dont have 128 page ones... or maybe thats cuz i went to the one in the city which was pretty badly stocked on stuff compared to other ones..

im just planning on getting a folder with loose leafs. our school has an addiction with giving out worksheets. half my science and religion books were sheets stuck in... WASTE OF GLUE!!!

speedofsound

HSC
How many pages would Ext. 1 English require? I'm extraordinarily picky about my books and I like to have a different colour for each subject, so I just had to pick two 96 page books lol.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Some people here are just too acquisitive.

More exercise books = burden.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
speedofsound said:
How many pages would Ext. 1 English require? I'm extraordinarily picky about my books and I like to have a different colour for each subject, so I just had to pick two 96 page books lol.
I'd go through that sooo fast. In year 10 english I finished a 128pg book + half way through another. Adv English alone will use heaps and ext. 1 English is going to consume a LOT, but then again, maybe my teachers make us write a lot. Depends on whether your teachers prefer you to write or handouts!

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
lyounamu said:
Some people here are just too acquisitive.

More exercise books = burden.
I'm just sticking with sleeves and paper... Much more organised and use cardboard tab dividers. Great resource to back on to study; rather than going all through the book and trying to find what you want.

speedofsound

HSC
Aquawhite said:
I'd go through that sooo fast. In year 10 english I finished a 128pg book + half way through another. Adv English alone will use heaps and ext. 1 English is going to consume a LOT, but then again, maybe my teachers make us write a lot. Depends on whether your teachers prefer you to write or handouts!
Yeah, I know, hey. But I couldn't find anything prettier, and I'm too much of a tight arse to buy coloured contact lol

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
speedofsound said:
Yeah, I know, hey. But I couldn't find anything prettier, and I'm too much of a tight arse to buy coloured contact lol
Coloured contact? You have to cover your books in senior years? That's why you use a folder and sleeves, because you don't need to cover it all; and if I was going to choose books like my junior years I always use brown paper and then design something dazzling which makes my classmates jealous using Photoshop and then cover it with clear adhesive contact.

Design something yourself (if your artistic in someway)... It's more rewarding!

BabyBlueVamp

HSC
So how many page books do you think will suffice for
Legal Studies,
Economics
Psychics
Chemistry
Advanced English
Ext. Maths.
(and it would help if people who knows the teachers and amounts of north sydney girls answers it. :D)
that's about it, ii think. :idea:

Who finds it exciting to buy books/stationary for a new year.. !!! i do! lol..

Miss Sunshine

HSC
N/A
are you changing schools babybluevamp to go to north sydney girls?

i can't answer ur questions cos i don't go to that school but yeh buying stationery for the new school year can be exciting :D

haha i see u like selena too ^^

BabyBlueVamp

HSC
haha. yes i am moving to north sydney...

Lol. selena is awesome.. as a child star :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)