• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Homosexuality in Australia (6 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 674 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 182 13.1%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
So science sickens you?

You profane ignorant fool, stop disgracing yourself.
actually i never said science sickens me

stfu and gtfo if you cant read properly.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Iron said:
Yep.
Plenty of kids need adopting.
What if those children were not conceived out of real, bona fide love? I.e. a child of rape?

All of your arguments fall down in swift order; are you noticing this?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
kami said:
Were you not concerned that, thanks to queer culture, sex had become a physical rather than emotive transaction earlier? A test tube baby would be created sans desire and solely for the purpose of creating and nurturing life - how is this problematic?
Because it is a cold mechanical transaction! It is the denial of aeverything sacred about humanity! It is a horrific glimpse into the Matrix future

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Kwayera said:
What if those children were not conceived out of real, bona fide love? I.e. a child of rape?

All of your arguments fall down in swift order; are you noticing this?
What of them? They are still human life. Just because they were not created within the ideal doesnt make them any less deserving of love and compassion and dignity.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Iron said:
Because it is a cold mechanical transaction! It is the denial of aeverything sacred about humanity! It is a horrific glimpse into the Matrix future
Come now, I may be an elitist but even I don't think Keanu is that horrifying.:p

It can hardly be a mechanical transaction, Iron, as it comes bundled with emotions. Unlike most forms of release, whether they be solitary or with a partner, it is not for the sake of personal gratification. It is purely for the sake of creating another so as to nurture them.

You may be able to construct an argument as to why adoption is preferable but you can't use it as justification for why assisted conception is inherently wrong. At least not within your established argument.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
kami said:
Come now, I may be an elitist but even I don't think Keanu is that horrifying.:p

It can hardly be a mechanical transaction, Iron, as it comes bundled with emotions. Unlike most forms of release, whether they be solitary or with a partner, it is not for the sake of personal gratification. It is purely for the sake of creating another so as to nurture them.

You may be able to construct an argument as to why adoption is preferable but you can't use it as justification for why assisted conception is inherently wrong. At least not within your established argument.
My arguement here hinges on love. 'Assisted conception' is totally neutral to such emotion. Consent is not even necessary. I hate it I hate it I hate it. Again, such practises alter the value we place on life. Is the new life less human? If I were to clone you, would you consider your clone to have equal rights to you? No. You would regard it as less than human and therefore deserving of less than your full respect.
A truely chilling vision

HNAKXR

Wooooooo...OOOoOOOOoOOoP!
HSC
N/A
if two homosexuals go 'down' in a forest and nobody is around to hear or see them, does it cause a controversy?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
HNAKXR said:
if two homosexuals go 'down' in a forest and nobody is around to hear or see them, does it cause a controversy?
At my most generous, I would say no. It's gay culture, promoted in society the way it currently is, that is at issue.

HNAKXR

Wooooooo...OOOoOOOOoOOoP!
HSC
N/A
Iron said:
At my most generous, I would say no. It's gay culture, promoted in society the way it currently is, that is at issue.
true, homosexuals and women control television. that's why they keep playing re-reruns of FRIENDS and other crap shows.:burn:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Iron said:
My arguement here hinges on love. 'Assisted conception' is totally neutral to such emotion. Consent is not even necessary. I hate it I hate it I hate it. Again, such practises alter the value we place on life. Is the new life less human? If I were to clone you, would you consider your clone to have equal rights to you? No. You would regard it as less than human and therefore deserving of less than your full respect.
A truely chilling vision
Can you explain your consent contention? It seems to me that a chosen donation of sperm and egg from a gay male and lesbian respectively would be as consenting as that of a couple engaged in sex. Genetic material is in both cases given up freely. If you refer to the fetus then it is not consenting in any form of conception.

And can you expand on these alterations and how they devalue life? A change in such values is not necessarily wrong, after all, if there truly is a significant change.

And I would be obliged to regard the clone as human should they come to term - they would have their own unique experiences as thus form a different identity to myself. One does not become less simply because they have an identical twin, even if the twin is of a differing age. Also, cloning is a different issue. Slippery sloping and all that.

TacoTerrorist

HSC
^ It doesn't matter though, we have the last laugh because men are better than women and women can only make sandwiches and do laundry.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
TacoTerrorist said:
^ It doesn't matter though, we have the last laugh because men are better than women and women can only make sandwiches and do laundry.
You mean they can do both at once?!!

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
kami said:
Can you explain your consent contention? It seems to me that a chosen donation of sperm and egg from a gay male and lesbian respectively would be as consenting as that of a couple engaged in sex. Genetic material is in both cases given up freely. If you refer to the fetus then it is not consenting in any form of conception.

And can you expand on these alterations and how they devalue life? A change in such values is not necessarily wrong, after all, if there truly is a significant change.

And I would be obliged to regard the clone as human should they come to term - they would have their own unique experiences as thus form a different identity to myself. One does not become less simply because they have an identical twin, even if the twin is of a differing age. Also, cloning is a different issue. Slippery sloping and all that.
Well ok, you painted one scenario with partial consent. The broader implications are that consent is not necessary. Sperm could be extracted without knowledge, and certainly donated without full appreciation of the sacred life-creating implications.

Life creation must be understood as a purely human achievement - this is where we achieve our humanity! Shock! The paternal-maternal bond is one and it is good! Creating life with just a father and 'science', or a mother and an 'inanimate tube' is creating a life that is at best only half loved and valued. You regard this as 'not necessarily wrong' - I regard it as a travesty! A horror which charts the contours of a tragic age!

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Iron said:
Well ok, you painted one scenario with partial consent. The broader implications are that consent is not necessary. Sperm could be extracted without knowledge, and certainly donated without full appreciation of the sacred life-creating implications.

Life creation must be understood as a purely human achievement - this is where we achieve our humanity! Shock! The paternal-maternal bond is one and it is good! Creating life with just a father and 'science', or a mother and an 'inanimate tube' is creating a life that is at best only half loved and valued. You regard this as 'not necessarily wrong' - I regard it as a travesty! A horror which charts the contours of a tragic age!
What methods do you recommend for obtaining this sperm without knowledge? There's some cum quaffing I need to get to. lolololol

People have sex without appreciation of the consequences both in the instances of creating life or the chances of causing death, however donations are much more focused and deliberate when you consider where one has to go in order to donate and the costs required.

And human achievement - sperm pops out of peen and goes into egg which turns into fetus and eventually pops out of lesbian vay jay with assistance from human developed technology to get the sperm and egg together.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Also, Iron, what do you say about the new technology being developed in which a sperm is not required for conception, i.e. "making a baby" out of two eggs?

Travesty beyond belief, or a scientific "miracle" allowing lesbian couples to have a child of their own, borne of bonafide love and joy?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Kwayera said:
Also, Iron, what do you say about the new technology being developed in which a sperm is not required for conception, i.e. "making a baby" out of two eggs?

Travesty beyond belief, or a scientific "miracle" allowing lesbian couples to have a child of their own, borne of bonafide love and joy?
Obviously travesty. (I find it strange that you yourself would describe such a development as a miracle)

Conventional medicine, which aims to preserve life, is a beautiful human innovation. But cutting humans out of life creation is the sterilization of the species. It diminishes our humanity and our inherent dignity, for reasons i've outlined

lorikeet

New Year's Eve
HSC
Iron said:
And yeah, dont want your respect: I command your submission!
Other than that, I graciously retire from this unsavoury topic.
That's why you became a mod? to whip the adolescents of NSW into submission?

as for gracefully retiring....hmmm. good luck with that

:)

lorikeet

New Year's Eve
HSC
by the way, watching kevin rudd move gradually across your sig is slightly hypnotic

"wasn't your mole on the other side before?"
"I have a mole?!"

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
I love you very, very, very, very, very much but don't... theorise. Homosexuality has nothing to do with population control. Kthx. :D
bigboyjames said:
Human race always improve its methods to support our society and ever increasing population. There are many variables and mostly are not mapped yet. Homosexuals are not discussed or part of any strategic way on controlling the earths population or managing it.

PS: don't compare the human race to animals.
I'm just saying that you can't be completely confident that homosexuality is unnatural.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)