• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Hey Guys, I am at TAFE and have a question about my GPA (1 Viewer)

Dj Fuzion

HSC
Hi Guys, i have been lurking around here for a while and thought i would post. I am at TAFE doing a business diploma and want to get into Business/Computing at UTS. I am currently getting a credit average, and was just wondering because tafe doesnt have High Distinctions is it impossible to get a selection rank over 88?

i ask this because i am thinking about trying for just business aswell, but its really high, and the selection rank at TAFE would be 88 with a Distinction average.

I went to the open days and all admissions advisors said that i would need a credit average but looking at the selection rank sheet (The PDF) it isnt high enough?

I didnt get a UAI either, so i know only that my TAFE results are used.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
The NRSL cut off is usually lower than the UAI. I doubt it would be 88. Ring up UTS and find out.

Dj Fuzion

HSC
Thanks Sike, i rang UTS and they said there isnt one, and that it changes every year :rolleyes: . I know i know.

Do you guys think that if i get a credit average i might be able to get into UTS Business only? Thats what the admissions guys said, but looking at the selection rank for TAFE on the PDF getting a credit means about 80, that cant be right? as it is to low for a NRSL.

If i get a credit would i have a chance for UTS Business? thanks for you help everyone i am so confused because everyone is telling me credit average, but on the selection rank a distinction just scarpes 88?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
as with many of these questions, the best way to find out is simply applying through UAC and hope for the best. if UTS cannot tell you with any certainty, neither can we.

Dj Fuzion

HSC
Thanks for your time guys appreciate it, hey i have one more question, i have to write a statement for business/computing at UTS, and it says 3500 words, is it preffered if i put that much?

Who has written a statement to UTS and got in?

Thanks again i promise that was the last question :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)