• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help! May have messed it up (1 Viewer)

AtlasX

HSC
Hello, at my school there are two 2 Unit Studies of Religion Classes
At the beginning of Year 12 I was in the sor class I didn't really like, I asked the head of sor (who is the teacher in the other sor class) if I could move to his class, he said he'll try, but he needed to drop someone from his class to my class.
During the term I found my sor teacher to be very helpful, she would actually go through the stuff with us and really go into detail. The other teacher just became straight up lazy, so I decided I didn't want to move to his class.
I found out that one student had dropped from the head of sor's class to my class, and I think I may have been swapped with him.
I emailed my sor teacher and asked her if I was still in her class and she hasn't replied, she usually replies to emails but this time, it seems she hasn't, or it just might be late.
But I'm scared if I'm in the other sor class, I really don't want to be, I don't find it helpful, he is a very lazy teacher!
What do I do?! If I've moved I don't want to be irritating and ask for a change again

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Well maybe you should tell your head teacher that you changed your mind about switching. Think about it this way, its your HSC. Sometimes you need to do what you can in order to make sure it's working out for you. Even if you do get moved into his class, take initiative to do things yourself. If your teacher isn't helping you, help yourself. A lot of my friends are in a position where their teachers suck and they have no choice but to self study.

And remember teachers need time off during the holidays, hence the late reply :p

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I will just do a simple, objective evaluation of the facts of your situation:
I found out that one student had dropped from the head of sor's class to my class, and I think I may have been swapped with him.
Notice how you have used the low modality word 'think', 'may have been', so this is not a definitive fact, merely a deduction or opinion formulated based on your previous premise that 'one student had dropped from the head of sor's class to your class'. There might have been other changes that you may not have been aware of, so don't panic, this is not a confirmed fact yet.

I emailed my sor teacher and asked her if I was still in her class and she hasn't replied, she usually replies to emails but this time, it seems she hasn't, or it just might be late.
As rumbleroar has recognised, this is the school holidays-so your teacher is unlikely to check her school email frequently, and furthermore, often perhaps she may not know about any changes until she goes back to school and can search through the relevant documents/database. Have some patience, don't panic and just wait.

But I'm scared if I'm in the other sor class, I really don't want to be, I don't find it helpful, he is a very lazy teacher!
What do I do?! If I've moved I don't want to be irritating and ask for a change again

What you should do is to be 'irritating' and ask for a change-this is your HSC, do you want to jeopardise your marks for a subject simply because you didn't want to appear 'irritating' or 'annoying', be responsible for your own education and make sure you are making choices that are the right ones for you, even though sometimes they may appear the hard choices. When school starts, you should just tell the head of SOR as soon as possible that you wish to stay in your current class and just apologise for any inconvenience caused, as long as you are reasonable and without saying explicitly that the reason is because you think the head of SOR is a bad teacher, I am sure he will be reasonable being and let you stay in your current class.

Relax, breathe, wait for the conclusion of holidays and communicate openly with your teachers-you will be fine:)

AtlasX

HSC
Sorry I forgot to add, I asked her a question about an exam I have coming up and then I asked her if I'm still in her class
And she usually replies fast, because she gets her emails on her phone..

fatassmcfat

HSC
dont worry about being irritating cause you will only know these people for like another 8 months....what was the reason you gave to the other sor teacher for moving?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)