• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help!I'm failing english!!!! (1 Viewer)

S

sara ahsan

does anyone have any study tips for the adv english course?!!! i got 13.5/20 for my last assessment and i studied most of all for that one!!!! i started private tutoring recently but it mainly just involves discussing the topics and i'm not sure if it's helping. are tutoring centres any better? i would be eternally grateful for any sort of help. cheers.

HSC
ask your tutor to write up an awesome generic essay for you that you can memorise and prepare you for any questions english can throw at you! :D

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
watatank said:
ask your tutor to write up an awesome generic essay for you that you can memorise and prepare you for any questions english can throw at you! :D
oh em gee! i failz engrish! i scored 67.5 (more like 69 :shy:) percent!

Calm down, learn from past mistakes (i.e. essay structure, answering the question, improving topic sentences, other trivial asides) and remember you're not failing english (yet).

Sorry quoted wrong chum.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
haha good point! :)
um i guess you could always practice writing essays and then get your teacher to give you some feedback as to what youre doing right, and what needs improvement
for english tutoring, i would fully recommend getting a private one instead of a tutoring college

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
sara ahsan said:
does anyone have any study tips for the adv english course?!!! i got 13.5/20 for my last assessment and i studied most of all for that one!!!! i started private tutoring recently but it mainly just involves discussing the topics and i'm not sure if it's helping. are tutoring centres any better? i would be eternally grateful for any sort of help. cheers.
Stop complaining, I rely on myself and my English teacher (that's the reason why he/she is there) to improve.

S

sara ahsan

thanx guys i feel a bit calmer. i think the main problem is with the exam situation because i can write reltively well at home. do u think pepared responses are the answer because memorising seems to work for the other subjects.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
sara ahsan said:
thanx guys i feel a bit calmer. i think the main problem is with the exam situation because i can write reltively well at home. do u think pepared responses are the answer because memorising seems to work for the other subjects.
You haven't failed, till it's all over.

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC
Just keep doing practice essays so you know the structure. give them to your teacher to mark then do it once again if you get a bad mark before progressing to another question :)

jazzy boi

HSC
practice ur esays also time urself and create a exam situation in ur home so u can feel more comfortable wen doin da exam.......also get a private tutors dey help alot i have one n she helps me with work im doing in class......wen students go to a group different students do different things so try n find one that can sit with u and identify ur problems but also teach u to wat ur learnin in class

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
:rofl: You'll pull through.

BaCC 07~~
HSC
Try to plan your essay structure out first for 5 minutes beforehand, just jot down the main points you're planning to raise and a little about what you'll write within that. It certainly helps to keep the flow of thoughts going rather than lurching straight into it.

Prepared essays....mmm a calculated risk, sometimes pays off, sometimes doesn't. Paid off for me =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)