• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HELP I need to find more stuff on the nuclear testing in the pacific 1950's to 1960's (1 Viewer)

Aaron1690

HSC
Hey,
I'm struggling to create a essay question on the nuclear testing in the pacific between 1950's to 1960's. This is properly due to the fact i cant find much on it. I would be very grateful if anyone could help with this.

Sarah_McF

HSC
Re: HELP I need to find more stuff on the nuclear testing in the pacific 1950's to 19

from what country's testing do you wan information from? because they will all differ from country to country :lol:

Aaron1690

HSC
Re: HELP I need to find more stuff on the nuclear testing in the pacific 1950's to 19

Hey thanks for replying, I've chosen to do the test site Maralinga in Australia, i have struggled finding enough information to write a 5000 word essay because i have only found one book with information and nothing on the net. I'm mainly focusing on the geographic, ideological and political motives behind the testing of nuclear weapons
cheers,

enoilgam

HSC

Hey thanks for replying, I've chosen to do the test site Maralinga in Australia, i have struggled finding enough information to write a 5000 word essay because i have only found one book with information and nothing on the net. I'm mainly focusing on the geographic, ideological and political motives behind the testing of nuclear weapons
cheers,
Why dont you look at US testing more closely?

Aaron1690

HSC

because i have been researching Maralinga for the last 4 or 5 weeks, and have already started on writing the essay, I've got heaps on the geographical part of it but i'm having trouble finding info on political and ideological motive, and i would prefer not to start over especially now that i have handed in my proposal

Kittikhun

HSC

Do you live near a university library or can get relatively easy physical access to one? If so, go to one of them and you should find more books and articles to help you in your essay. Here's some stuff on Maralinga just from a catalogue search on USYD's library website-- http://usyd.summon.serialssolutions...ralinga&spellcheck=true&keep_r=true&Button=Go

If you want to borrow from USYD library you have to pay a fee to get yourself a library card there, but you could just stay there and copy notes from the books and newspaper articles if you are a cheapo (there's no shame in being one). If there's any stuff you need online, I can try to copy some notes for you via UNSW library (I don't go to USYD). PM me if you want me to do this for you, and tell me which articles you would like to use from a search on UNSWlibrary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)