• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Heeeeellllllppppppp!!! XD lol ... Confused on Wuthering Heights (1 Viewer)

HSC
Heehee ^^; Help? XD

Ok... I need info on Parallels and Contrasts within the novel Wuthering Heights... I'm currently getting some stuff for the contrasting settings - Wuthering Heights and Thrushcross Grange

But, I dunno, I'm just kinda confused on what to write for the others, characters, etc.

Anyone know of some good sites, or some good notes I could use? ^^

Also, this has got to be written like presenting a tutorial. It's a really weird assessment, lol XD. My teacher told me to just set out the things in subheadings, dot points, etc.
Anyone got any advice on presenting a tutoiral, though? ^^

Thankies in advanced

^emmie^

HSC
the heights and the grange contrast like the setting, weather, how its looked after etc.

minminmin

HSC
i'm kinda stuck on this too, but you can talk about wuthering heights representing chaos (or Heathcliff) and the grange representing order (like the lintons). this doesn't help much, but it makes sense in my head lol. It is pretty basic though

Amanda90

HSC
howdy, seems like everyone is doing King Lear and only a small minority have been punished by studying Wuthering Heights. Anywho, parallels and contrasts???
not sure if it's right or not, but here's what i have in some of my notes,

Catherine and young Cathy are meant to parallel eachother in the way that they possess similar qualities, they both have a temper, although young Cathy's isn't as bad as her mothers and they both have a weak spot for the 'bad boy' i.e. Heathcliff and Hareton. However they have their differences, Catherine was brought up at Wuthering Heights which is the symbolic manifestation of the storm, whereas young Cathy who was raised by her father Edgar at the Grange represents the idea of calm, this is the main difference between the two. Heathcliff and Hareton are also meant to parallel each other, but again have their differences also. Heathcliff and Hareton are similar because they are both poorly educated as children, they are poor and have no real family. They are poorly behaved and are not civilised, it is only when Heathcliff leaves the Heights for a few years that he becomes educated, civilised and wealthy. He changes himself for Catherine. Hareton also becomes better educated and civilised as he becomes older because young Cathy teaches him to read and teaches him manners also. Both Heathcliff and Hareton are from the storm and possess the qualities such as brutality and rudeness.
The relationship between Cathy and Hareton at the end is meant to parallel that of Heathcliff and Catherine, however one difference is that the relationship between Cathy and Hareton is built on reasoning and not just passion as was the relationship between Catherine and Heathcliff.

That's some of what i've got, hope it was slightly helpful, goodluck in the HSC!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)