• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Handing in essays... (1 Viewer)

Ava

HSC
Just wondering...I know we have to turn in essays by 5pm at the due date...but what about actually handing in the essays to the boxes? Can we get there at..say 7pm? Or do we have to hand in the hard copy before 5pm aswell?

thanks~

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
if its due at 6pm or something.. i heard you can hand it in the next day BEFORE 9am and not get penalised because they don't clear it out until the next morning....

but thats only for some psychology subjects, ur best to ask tutors in that department, don't ask lecturers because they'll lie to you

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
For humanities subjects they are basically there at 5pm collecting and stamping essays/submissions on the dot, they allow for some time in between though, say 5 or so minutes, but after that its kinda tough luck.

Ava

HSC
Damn.... :( I was hoping I could sneak in a little nap first before going all the way there just to hand in an essay. Oh well.

Thanks~

X

xeuyrawp

AsyLum said:
For humanities subjects they are basically there at 5pm collecting and stamping essays/submissions on the dot, they allow for some time in between though, say 5 or so minutes, but after that its kinda tough luck.
Generally what they do (I've seen a secretary doing it to two boxes at the same time) is put a piece of paper in the box so they know where 5PM ends and 5:01 starts.

I handed one in 30 mins late once, but I had the excuse of shitty public transport and the marker didn't care. I will point out, though, that it had 'Late- Thusday' (It was due Thursday at 10AM) on it.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Some departments don't check until the morning after (before 8am).

Others do.

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
if ur handing stuff in ERIC, the box is closed 5min passed the hr. u have to give it to student advisor and they'll stamp it and collect it. whether u get penalised is up to ur lecturer or marker depending on how late it is. diff lecturers have diff leniencies, most r lenient.

if ur assignment is due at say closing time at ERIC and u leave it in overnight box, it will b ecollect next morning and stamped as overnight and treated like a late assignment. again it dpeneds on how lenient ur lecturer is.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)