• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Group Personalities (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relinadus

HSC
Topic: The effects of social groups on an individual
Topic question: Do social groups bring out different personalities in an individual?
Hypothesis: Different social groups cause individuals to react to and perceive similar situations in different ways.
Date Questionnaire is due: Thursday 10th December

Questionnaire:
Please answer the following questions truthfully.
Age: 10 -14 15-19 20-24 25-29 30-34 35-39 40-44 45-49 50-54 55 +
1. Name 3-4 different groups you are part of (family, social group, extra-curricular, clubs, etc)
2. Are larger groups more important than smaller groups? Why?
3. Do individuals of the group appear to have the same attitude?
4. Are you comfortable being close to their friends?
5. For the above question list 3-5 behavioural similarities you experience over all the groups
6. Now list 3-5 behavioural differences that you experience as part of each different group
7. Describe some major differences between how you act around your family group, and how you act in a social group (i.e. at school, the workplace etc)
8. Do any members of the group appear to be less important than others? Why?
9. On the scale below, list how important you are in a few of the groups mentioned above.
Most Important [----------------------------------------------------------------] Least Important
10. Where are you? Why do you think this is so?
11. How do you feel you could change this 'ranking', making it:
i) Better or
ii) Worse?
12. Describe a difference, if any, between how you interact with people you see on a daily basis, as apposed to people you see monthly, or even once a year?
Thank you for participating in this questionnaire, we value your honest answers.
If you are interested in this subject, see some of the attachments.

laila09

HSC
I would be weary of such a question. It is very large and indefinite. You may be better doing a topic that is less convoluted.
When the people marking this look at your result section it will not be as clear as simple questions. Therefore other people may get full marks, while you will still do well but not as well. Your rank will then not be as high as it could be.

Try with a more simple question. :uhhuh:

lychnobity

HSC
Questionnaire:
Please answer the following questions truthfully.
1. Name 3-4 different groups you are part of
family
school friends
tutor friends
swimming friends
2. Are larger groups more important than smaller groups? Why? No, the ones I'm closer to are more important.
3. Do individuals of the group appear to have the same attitude? Not for all
4. Are you comfortable being close to their friends? yes, except for friends of my sisters or parents
5. For the above question list 3-5 behavioural similarities you experience over all the groups

Family is more hierarchial
School friends are more fun/crazy
Tutor friends are smarter and more sarcastic
Swimming friends are mostly competitive

6. Now list 3-5 behavioural differences that you experience as part of each different group

I'm more polite and restrained in front of my family.
More myself with school friends
More outgoing with tutor friends
Most competitive with swimming friends

7. Describe some major differences between how you act around your family group, and how you act in a social group (i.e. at school, the workplace etc)

How is this not the same as the above?

8. Do any members of the group appear to be less important than others? Why? yes, because I'm not close to the ones I deem less important

9. On the scale below, list how important you are in a few of the groups mentioned above.
Most Important [----------------------------------------------------------------] Least Important

fk oath. too much work.I'm doing on a scale of 1-10; 1 being most important

family - 5
school friends - 7.5
tutor friends - 4
swimming friends - 8.5

10. Where are you? Why do you think this is so?

family - i'm the youngest
school friends - im awesome
tutor friends - not close
swimming friends - i'm one of the faster ones

11. How do you feel you could change this 'ranking', making it:
i) Better or
ii) Worse?

wtf...8 responses for one question... i give up

12. Describe a difference, if any, between how you interact with people you see on a daily basis, as apposed to people you see monthly, or even once a year?

more polite. conversation isn't natural

http://community.boredofstudies.org...school-assessment-surveys-research-forum.html

http://community.boredofstudies.org...92/survey-posting-guidelines-please-read.html

Read no. 2 of the above

Relinadus

HSC
I know that you feel, I don't know, irritated? annoyed? at this questionnaire and the fact that it sounds like I'm repeating myself, but they are all different questions and I really do want to know the answers to each one.
If you believe you can change this questionnaire for the better, I don't mind hearing what critism you have for me, as long as its constructive.

I would be weary of such a question. It is very large and indefinite. You may be better doing a topic that is less convoluted.
When the people marking this look at your result section it will not be as clear as simple questions. Therefore other people may get full marks, while you will still do well but not as well. Your rank will then not be as high as it could be.

Try with a more simple question. :uhhuh:
laila09, I really believe this is an interesting topic, aside from the fact that I suck at questionnaires, I believe I will get good marks for th research I have done because it is unique. If I was a marker, after reading roughly 15 IRP's on teenage drinking, I'd be refreshed by something different.

Thats not to say I'm taking this lightly, because we all know that simply being different isn't going to get us anywhere...
Ugh, I'm rambling, you get what I mean....

Kat92

HSC
Relinadus, you'll be fine. If the questionnaire was only a pilot one, take onboard the feedback gained.

Just a suggestion change the questions to be more closed ended ones and then a mixture of open ended as it will allow for a greater diversity.

As like lychnobity, I also find that long responses in a questionnaire allow for boredom to set in after awhile and that it is very time demanding. I'm sure others would also be this way as well, as it is just human nature for people to want things to be short, simple and to the point.

Last edited:

Relinadus

HSC
Relinadus, you'll be fine. If the questionnaire was only a pilot one, take onboard the feedback gained.

Just a suggestion change the questions to be more closed ended ones and then a mixture of open ended as it will allow for a greater diversity.

As like lychnobity, I also find that long responses in a questionnaire allow for boredom to set in after awhile and that it is very time demanding. I'm sure others would also be this way as well, as it is just human nature for people to want things to be short, simple and to the point.
Unfortunately, this wasn't the pilot and I no longer have time to change anything.
Though I will keep in mind your suggestions just in case there is a next time.
Thanks, though.

Kat92

HSC
Unfortunately, this wasn't the pilot and I no longer have time to change anything.
Though I will keep in mind your suggestions just in case there is a next time.
Thanks, though.
Not to worry. It's certainly not the "end all". You have plenty of time to work on your ranking. There will certainly be other opportunities for you to show your skills within. :D

Your most welcome, good luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)