• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Going school after trials (1 Viewer)

Boonyak

HSC
Do we have to go school after trials and if we dont can our hsc be taken away from us.

Boonyak

HSC
Didnt answer the question :/ can a student who is absent not receive the hsc at this stage or is it to late.

asdfqwerty

HSC
You can not go to school but if you fall below the 85% attendance then yeh, you can lose your HSC. but i advise you to go to school anyways as it is more beneficial.

Boonyak

HSC
I have red the bos attendance policy it says they dont set a minimum but if the principles see that students are not meeting minimum requirements that can give a n award

where did u get the 85 percent from.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
I think its up to individual schools whether they give n awards or not for not attending after the trials...?

HSC
Uni Grad
Up to the individual schools. Some schools require a 90% attendence rate, others 80%, depending how strict your school is.

HSC
Uni Grad
I would suggest go to school whenever you need to; i.e. if your teacher is giving useful resources and tips for the HSC (also you should consider marking of essays).

If you are planning to jig, make sure that you don't fall below the required attendance rate. As for me, I recall jigging a few days of school because it seemed quite useless to go to school at that time. Turns out it was worthwhile because I could focus more on studying instead of bludging at school. :)

Living Moment

HSC
There's not actually figure of attendance, for me I haven’t gone to school for 3 weeks, only go for math. Just because my Bio/Chem and physics teachers are horrible and only rewrite what’s on the text book on the board.

I stay home have wake up at 8ish then have five, three hour study session e.g. 9 to 12, 12 to 3. If I go to school I lose that 6 hours plus can sleep in for extra one hour. Some times school makes you grouchy and tired when you come home your Cbbs to study

But if your attendance drops below the school requirement they will ring your parents, so don't worry stay home if its more productive for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)