• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Gloves for winter - hot or not? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
*is procrastinating from exam study again*

I've seen some really cool gloves in Myer (magenta purple leather! haha) and they look so hot! There are some other nice ones too with tasteful embroidery/diamonte work around the cuffs.

I seem to be getting very into the whole scarf/gloves thing this winter - whether this is because it's actually getting colder per year, or I'm getting old and more sensitive to cold, I don't know :p

Scarves are awesome and have always been popular because they keep necks warm, and because they're another opportunity to accessorise/personalise. Same thing goes for gloves, right? Would you spend a fair bit of money (let's say $30-50) on a pair of nice gloves for this winter, or do you think it's not worth bothering with?

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
Can't always have our hands in our pockets :( And in most instances, girls don't have pockets big enough to put hands in anyway (pockets on most jeans and fitted jackets are purely aesthetic and nothing more for figure-hugging purposes, I guess)

ediisjoz

HSC
i think they're hot but any gloves are ok, their sole purpose is to keep your hands warm... i think $50 for gloves is a ripoff... i'd rather have plain ones that do their job that are cheap...

ediisjoz

HSC
natstar said:
I think its stupid spending anymore than $20 (even thats a lot) on gloves. Its not like anyones gonna look at your hands and notice designer gloves...just my opinion anyway.

i completely agree.

HSC
N/A
Lainee said:
Agreed, gloves doesn't matter if they're designer or chainstore. Though I'd be willing to spend more for good materials that fit my long fingers properly and keeps them warm without feeling like they're swimming in an ocean of sweat. :D So opt for leather that'll last for years, and look for wool-lined or at least decently lined with something so they 'caress' your hands. ;)
Agreed.

I like spending a bit extra on things I really like and I know will last for a while - leather gloves, here I come! :D

arrested development
HSC
The best thing about fingerless gloves for me is that they actually make my hands look normal. Because, like, I have pretty small hands... so most gloves just look stupidly long on my fingers and stuff. yeah.

Mel_b

HSC
I'd spend more than $20 on leather ones - because you can't really get them any cheaper than that.
Accessorize has a whole lot of really cute woollen gloves, and these cool mittens where the bit that covers your fingers can be folded back when you need your fingers to fumble around for coins

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
Mel_b said:
Accessorize has a whole lot of really cute woollen gloves, and these cool mittens where the bit that covers your fingers can be folded back when you need your fingers to fumble around for coins
OMG! I've seen those mittens before, they are AWESOME! I want, I want!

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Mel_b said:
I'd spend more than $20 on leather ones - because you can't really get them any cheaper than that.
Dyou have a photo of those mittens? Otherwise I'd imagine they'd look like uncircumsized penii :(

I bought my brown fingerless gloves for $2.

kimberly.loves

HSC
Mel_b said:
OHHHH ive got those ones in black!! Theyre soooo cute and handy and they were only $20. Theyve got a button on the back of each glove to fasten the mitten bit, when you want to wear them fingerless. And when you want to wear them as mittens, you just unbutton the bit. Its so cute.

Ive got about 4 pairs of gloves: those black accessorize ones, red leather gloves, brown suede gloves and these black and white criss-cross design knitted ones. I want more :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)