• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Getting into MED - HELP!!! (1 Viewer)

jemba

HSC
Hi Guys

I just completed my hsc last year (2007) - i made the UAI cutoff but unfortunately my Umat wasn't spectacular.

I'm currently doing eng/comm at unsw and i want to apply for med again this year.

Now if i want to apply this year what exactly do they take into consideration?

my uai was 95.55
I'm taking the umat again and aiming for 185ish.

Will my GPA count? - i'm just about to finish first semester (not doing great - so if it does i'm going to need to D average next semester?)

If gpa is counted - what are my chances of making the cutoff uai/gpa if i get a D, C, F, P this semester and - get all D's next semester?

Sorry if my question is a little difficult to understand - it just seems to complex.

Btw - i'm aiming for entry into UWS - (because UNSW will be hard considering my uai)

Cheers

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Yeah your GPA will be taken into account 50%UAI/50%GPA depending on the uni. If you get all D's next semester your GPA will be 5.125 equiv to a rank of 73.214 combined with ur uai of 95.5 it will be an equiv rank of 84.35. Depending on the uni you apply for. All uni's for non-standards take into account ur GPA, you should of taken a few units or the year off and resat umat. You will find it extremely difficult to make the 5.5-65 cut-off for UWS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)