• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Geography Q (1 Viewer)

chingyloke

Ex-Prince of Manchester.
HSC
when asked to describe the nature of something, for example 'describe the nature of Australia's migration link with other countries.' how should i attack it??

cheers.

chingyloke

Ex-Prince of Manchester.
HSC
thankyou for that. i'll put it to good use.

but when asked about the nature of something, does that mean describe what it is? or pro's and con's kind of thing?

acevipa

HSC
The nature of the link. I'm not really sure myself. Though I think it would mean just basically talk and discuss the link. So, define it, how the link affects Australia, our migration policies, etc. So its probably just like an intro. So if you were to get a question like that in the exam - Explain a regional and global link in Australia? and you chose migration. The nature of the link would probably be your intro and you would cover the rest of the syllabus requirements in your body of your response. Hope that makes that a bit more clearer. Good Luck!

militiaman

HSC
The nature of the link is basically what the link is (migration). So you'd be defining it first then later explain it a bit in relatin to Australia. As ace put it, it's sort of an introduction for people who don't know what it is.

HSC
chingyloke said:
thankyou for that. i'll put it to good use.

but when asked about the nature of something, does that mean describe what it is? or pro's and con's kind of thing?
if i came across that question i would understand it by thinking how it came about.
E.g.

What is the nature of migration in Australia?

I would state how migration began in Australia, then how it has changed, and why these changes have occured. Then maybe you can continue to talk about pros and cons of migration patterns and changes throughout Australia's history.
(White Australia Policy>>>Multiculturalism Policy)

Smithereens

HSC
Government policy: More People from Asia and Middle East, less Africans.

militiaman

HSC
I wouldn't go too deeply into the pros and cons. But yeah, history on the link is good as others have menitoned (forgot that part). Contemporary issues are also good. Just keep in mind not to go too deeply into the other syllabus topics like roles of govt. and NGOs, treaties and advantages and disadvantages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)