• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

general question (1 Viewer)

D

dzzlng_07

i didnt know where else to post this....

say in the intro of your paragraph you write the full title and beside it, you write the short hand version in brackets ie "the one who goes away" (away)...

my question is, in the hsc can we just write the short hand version for the rest of the essay? it gets a bit tedious having to write the title so many times and it wastes time..

lol, do i make sense?

Last edited by a moderator:

-impactimposta-

HSC
absolutely.
dont bother about the short hand version (in brackets) in the intro, just concentrate on telling the markers wot the whole essay is about.
then at the start of the each section where you expand on the intro, write the full title again so the markers know wot your talking about but then its cool if you write the short hand version from there.
then in the summary write the full name again to show your conclusion and i spose your respect and knowledge for the texts. it just formalises your conclusion and sets you above the people who will use the short hand bit throughout.

^emmie^

HSC
no you cant abreviate texts names
i remember reading the notes on one of the past exams and the board of studies markers said they didnt like ppl doing it
and i think theres another thread on this somewhere anyway

morganforrest

HSC
As long as it's not something too obscure....I'm fairly sure you can abbreviate things like 'eternal sunshine of the spotless mind' to 'eternal sunshine'. But I wouldn't bother abbreviating things like 'leaving home'

Just be prudent abvout it. If its likely to annoy the markers because they have no idea what you're talking about, don't do it. But if it's blatantly obvious what you mean then I can't see them penalising you for it.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
hey ada!

I used "The Wind..." for 'The Wind in the Willows' when I already mentioned it in the introductory paragraph and there were no pen marks from the teacher signifying a complaint.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)