• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

General Question About Late Round (1 Viewer)

Dj Fuzion

HSC
Hey guys just want a conformation if this process is correct.

Say for example my ranking (NRSL) is 88 and the course cutoff is 90 and i didnt get main round. (CSP or even DFEE Place) is it still possible i could get a DFEE place because the cutoff could go lower? because even the DFEE places dont get filled up that much so is it possible i could get a late round even if i put it as my prefernce in main rounds and did NOT get it?

pheww..i hope that made sense.

Basically i put a CSP and DFEE place for a course and missed out on both but due to the offer i got i wasnt that far behind cutoff. Is it possible (there is vacancies in both spots also) i could still get late round (the course isnt that popular)

thanks guys

Dj Fuzion

HSC
so what i am saying is that for non-popular courses is it possible for the cutoff to go down in late rounds?

also do any uni's give final rounds?

lala2

Banned
HSC
Since you've stated that your not-so-popular preferred course was advertised as having vacancies, you might have a chance of getting in even though the advertised cutoff is higher than your UAI. I'm not sure about cut-offs going down, but yes, cutoffs can change between rounds, so if everyone suddenly decided they didn't want to accept their offers in your course, it could go down.

And yes, there is a final round, but very few offers are made in this round.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)