• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

General Half-yearly thread HSC 05 (1 Viewer)

s0k0y0e0

HSC
I wish mine were starting after the hols rather than being on now! I would have rathered MORE time to keep going over my notes!!

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
So far i've had English(AOS).. was fairly hard the essay question on journeys was shit. I had modern history today.. went good.

7th Sign

HSC
at my school we dont have an english 1/2 yearlies

i only have
*Biology
*IPT
*IT
*Business
*Maths

I had my IPT exam today it went for two hours and was pretty medium i did like 10 pages of writing i think i got like 70%+

Math is on monday
Business / IT on tuesday
Biology on Wednesday

no need to study for the it exam because its not worth any thing its a pointless test and i dont know why we are even doing it!

Peartie

HSC
I started last Tuesday with English Paper 1 (journeys) then Gen Maths on Wednesday, Modern Yesterday, On Monday I have German Continuers, Tuesday its English Paper 2 (Emma and Clueless) on Wednesday its Business and then Thursday (the last day of school! YAY) is German Extension then Drama (dam 2 exams:( )

I went ok in English and Modern but somehow i managed to screw up bits of the gen maths test/.....dam it...i always get 90%+ in General!

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
I had English Paper 1 on Thursday, which was just on the Area of Study. Fairly happy in that regard, I managed to write 16 full pages overall in 2 hours.

Had Physics yesterday, very very easy. The only thing was that one of the formulas, for centripetal force wasnt on the formula sheet (which was strange because it had the Board of Studies insignia on the top), so anyway we only got told that the formula wasnt there in the last 5 mins, a few ppl were annoyed because they spent valuable time trying to figure out what was going on. I personally remembered the formula, but that question prob will be taken out. Anyhow, when the director of studies found out, apparently she had a scream fest over the phone to someone about it. So someone is in trouble.

Next week I have 3 maths test, but they are fairly evenly spread - 2u monday, 3u wednesday and 4u friday. Also Chem on monday and English paper 2 (in the wild) on friday.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
I've done 4 exams with 2 left to go. English had an easy question which was good considering how little I had prepared for it. Physics had a lot more science in it than I had expected, I faired pretty average on that test. The Chemistry exam was too easy, finished with 20 mins to spare (out of 60). 4U math wasn't too bad but our school kinda messed up 'cause they made an addition to a question (6 mark question out of a 39 mark exam) in the form of an A4 insert and they didn't announce it so heaps of kids missed it... good luck comparing that. 3U english is on monday, which I need to start, and 3U maht is tuesday.

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
Music prac: happy with should get 80% if im lucky :D
English paper 1: mmm pretty happy with, 70s... maybe
chemistry: yuck, should pass.... :eek:
music theory: ok with... not going to guess mark.
maths 2u: quite happy with 70+...

physics coming up on monday, eek!

lDoHl

HSC
Last Thursday: English (Paper1), Japanese Ext1
This coming
Tuesday: Chemistry, Japanese Continuers
Wednesday: Business Studies, Maths Ext2
Thursday: English Speech, Maths Ext1

:( The storm has almost arrived

still waiting

HSC
We arent having half yearlies now we have a three day assessment block starting like the 4th of may when we get back, we got our timetables on friday its sooo good i have a free day on the friday!!! and i only have 4 assessments in that time anyway, im so excited

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
week beginning march 21-24
english 2u - module A - feature article - hamlet and rng
english 3u - sci fi - empathy task write as a character and explain your goals or something
maths 2u - eassyy test.. stuffed a 10 marker and got 66/70
maths 3u - surprise.. 53/60
chemistry - theory and calculations.. average/hard
physics - theory and calculations - hardest test of all time.
economics - short answers.. seemingly very easy but marking criteria very precise.. most ppl failed. duno my mark yet.

ney_rox_ur_sox

HSC
i had English on Wednesday, that was quiet good....i think. (no comment yet, always say i went well and get a crap mark! llol)
had Textiles on Thursday, that was soooo good cuz i didnt study much cept the 10 mins b4 it and all the things i studied b4 i went in where in the exam, so i did well!!
Italian on Friday...that SUCKED biig time!! ii started crying i was stressed that much cuz i couldnt do anything!!
anyway, next week i got Maths monday (should be alright)
Italian Speaking on tuesday (that will kill me)
and Business Studies on Wednesday....that will be alrighht....
cant wait for them to be over tho!!

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
English Advanced - didn't to too bad (i hope), kinda cut i didn't get to write a conclusion with my second essay. Hoping for a decent rank, (eg, 50-60ish out of 160)

Mathematics - did well, pissed about losing a few marks - stupid x^2 + 1 doesn't factorise :mad: - overall i should get 95% or more.

Physics - HOLY FUCKING SHIT FAIL! I'm hoping for about 40-45%. (fucking prac & process)

Economics - didn't do too badly, i wrote a pretty bad essay imo. hoping for a 50/60 mark. probably put me around 17-18ish out of the 45 people doing eco.

Haven't done 3u maths or legal studies yet.

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
i've always slept with a teddybear.. actually it's a gremlin.. that gizmo one :p~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)