• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Gangs and Drugs: The Interconnection - Questions (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rntlxD

HSC
Hey everyone,

My investigation topic is about the interconnection between gangs and drugs. Very much appreciated if you guys can participate in this little discussion. My focus questions for the topic are:

1) What is the relationship between gangs and drugs? (Do you guys think there is a connection between gangs and drugs? How would you guys describe their connection?)

2) What are some of the issues in society which lead people into matters of gang and drugs?

3) What type of people are usually involved in gangs and drugs?

4) What are the effects on the person when they are part of gangs and drugs?

5) Are the people who are involved in gangs and drugs, also the victim?

Thankyou! =)

princessashe

HSC
1) What is the relationship between gangs and drugs? (Do you guys think there is a connection between gangs and drugs? How would you guys describe their connection?)
Yes but in saying that, one can be in a gang without drugs or take drugs without a gang. I think however many drug operations are called "gangs" as they require multiple people to run their operations. This creates the link.

2) What are some of the issues in society which lead people into matters of gang and drugs?
To be led into both, it is likely you are in a particular social situation in which many people you know are involved.
Drugs alone can be a need to escape from an unhappy life and gangs may be a desire to fit in. (Not sure though)

3) What type of people are usually involved in gangs and drugs?
People who know people already involve in gangs and drugs.

4) What are the effects on the person when they are part of gangs and drugs?
Not sure, don't really know that many people in that position.

5) Are the people who are involved in gangs and drugs, also the victim?
Depends on how they got involved I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)