• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

"Frost at Midnight" and Imag. Journeys (1 Viewer)

Tez

HEy hey!

I am totalyl lost about how Coleridge's Frost at midnight depicts imaginative journeys.

All I know is...

He is in all this silence, flame flutters, he thinks about his past - they are boring and he regrets them...

he then thinks of his child sleeping and vows to let him have an education based on nature..

Can someone please explain what i can write about imaginative journeys for this poem????????????

Thanks!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
just look around at website..type it in search engines...i dont understand y ppl ask for help with such obvious stuff...:confused:

white_jellybean

We only started studying it on friday but the actual imaginative Journey in it is Him traveling back in his memories. So he as a writer is going on an imaginative journey through his memories.

Also it might be interesting to remember that at a fairly young age he was sent by his mother from his home in the country (where he had lived with his older siblings and parents) to a boarding house. When you have to write about it, this may be helpful in the way of contexts.

through his imaginative journey he then makes a resolution about his child. So that can be said about what came out of the imaginative journey.

We will be studying it more next class so if I can add anything more I will. Hope this helps.

:wave:

ParagonAZN

HSC
N/A
Solitude can be a powerful motivator for imaginative journeys. It is because of this solitude that it makes him journey back to his past where he was reletively unhappy and that causes him to think of Hartley's (his son's) bright future.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
its assumed it was hartley due to the date which he wrote the poem...its not that imprtant actually but as a postscript, hartley did turn out like his dad wanted him to...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)