• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

from non awards to ba (1 Viewer)

stepher

HSC
N/A
hi.. ive just completed a year in non awards and am enrolled in BA now. i want to study BBA BIT (so hopefully transfer after sem1). Im just getting a little confused with the whole 'enrolment' thing.

I want to follow the BBA program of study so im not too behind when i transfer. so i want to study marketing, stat, acst and maybe math135 (or comp115) 1st semester (they are the subjects i can get into while doing BA). but i have to choose my 2nd semester subjects now too. the other subjects in the first year program for BBA BIT say i have to be enrolled in a finance type degree to do them.
is it possible for me to put down any subjects for 2nd semester now, and then change them later? (like, hypothetically, if i do get into BBA from BA mid year, i would obviously have to reselect my subjects for that semester wouldnt i?)

and also, will i get approval for this study pattern? do i explain to the person approving (or not approving) these programs what the situation is?

i know ive probably confused anyone reading this (sorry)
any feedback would be good.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
stepher said:
is it possible for me to put down any subjects for 2nd semester now, and then change them later?
Yep. You can drop and add subjects right up to the end of first week of the respective semester. You need a GPA of 2.5 after the 1st semester of your BA. Now this includes the subjects you've done, so your gpa will be affected by both this semester and your non-award subject results (someone correct me if I'm wrong here). Good luck with the transfer.

stepher

HSC
N/A
that really helped. thanks heaps!
but also, just about my subjects counting, doesnt non award mean they dont count? i didnt know they counted.
and does anyone know how hard it is to get this program of study approved in a ba?

HSC
what subs did u study for non-award, did u study 'australian society' 'intro to popular culture and society' 'critical thinking' or 'passion rebellion and identity in popular music' if so hows the workload, any advice you could give me? please, thanks

stepher

HSC
N/A
nope, i didnt do those sorts of subjects. my advice is do easy subjects (comp123 is really easy). stick with stuff you know.. and dont slacken off just cos the stuff is easy (i just found out that non award subjects count in your gpa apparently =S )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)