• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

free periods (1 Viewer)

What do you do during free perio

• Homework for upcoming subject

Votes: 33 38.8%
  • Go home

Votes: 25 29.4%
  • Muck around with friends

Votes: 51 60.0%
  • Assignments/Assesments/Test Prep

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • Using computers... BOS or whatever

Votes: 31 36.5%
  • Other - please say

Votes: 10 11.8%

• Total voters

Adrian.

HSC
withoutaface said:
Free periods are for the weak.
LOL

I do two subject through distance ed. so if you don't count those as periods I only have 6 periods a week (or 9 free).

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
withoutaface said:
Nope, 13 units.
ahh i c fair enough...
but at my skool people who do 13 units still get 2 periods free a week... or at least one

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
i have 9 per cycle, which is two weeks (speaking fo which, are most schools like that? do you have 2 week timetables or just one?)

anyway, during my line of frees, i only have one friend, and we both end up working. funny, theres another line of frees, when i have chem, when half the year has frees, no joke.

the best frees are the ones that are in the afternoon before an extension...we drive up to maccas and hang out there.

its actually kinda annoying having ext2 maths one day a week in the afternoon, i know some selective schools in sydney have ext2 maths classes when they would be doing 2u, which is like 8 hours every 2 weeks as opposed to 4hours. thats what i call a disadvantage :p

Last edited:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
yup mine is a 2 week cycle

rumour

HSC
Last year- work, computer, or with friends, but most of them had free periods at different times to me!!!

Last edited:
HSC
No such as Free's at Waverley they call them Study Periods which is gay because everyone has to an allotted place and be full quiet and stuff. I sat in on one and we got so ovr it so we went and played footy.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Ok when we have double frees we usually visit our local shop, get some food then roam around the suburb. It's funny coz everyone else gets caught by the "deputy principal" lol I know a way around to evade XD
But i think it's bound to change when im in year 12.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
When i was in highschool I had about 22 free periods each cycle and each cycle lasted for two weeks. I swear I spent more time at home than at school and the days where I finished school at 10am was really annoying :mad:

Jacks

HSC
well I must admit I probably wasted more frees than I should of...I didn't go home or anything like that though...I did work when it really counted. You just need to judge when you can afford to be lazy and when you really should use the time...frankly that's all that time but hey...I'd really suggest if you don't want to stress out like nothing else in yr.12 that you use your free periods productively...and that you do so at school! :p

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Dragon Fanatic said:
No such as Free's at Waverley they call them Study Periods which is gay because everyone has to an allotted place and be full quiet and stuff. I sat in on one and we got so ovr it so we went and played footy.
yeah free and study r pretty much the same thing...
we hav study periods
most ppl go 2 the library or a classroom allocated

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
i go to the Westfield right next door, borrow some books or i catch a bus home if the free period's in the afternoon.

Scanorama

HSC
I had 7 free period per cycle, one cycle goes for 2 weeks. Sometimes I caught up with homework which i forgot to do; sometimes me and my mates went down to the local shops to buy food; sometimes we went to friends house. Sometimes Macass run!

Free periods were always fun. The deputy and the principal always drive around tried to catch us, but we always have our way to aviod them. Towards the end of the year, they didnt care about us anymore, they drove, saw us and drove past.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
I used all my free time to do homework and assignemnet and majors.. maybe thast cos I had 4 majors :s which I DO NOT reccomend. I was constantly working on them and if I wasnt doint them I was doing homework/assignemnts so when I got home I could just work on my majors (until 2am..oops:p). So I didn't waste my frees when I was in HS... I couldnt afford to.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
We have our own year 12 common room with a few comfy chairs a microwave (which was broken before we got in there) a fridge a toilet etc. so the whole grade jus bums around in there listening to music or talking n stuff. There are desks n chairs set up for if u need to do homework or something, but its never quiet in there everyones always talking - even when they're studying :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)