• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

First Year Books (1 Viewer)

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Around how many books would I need for the B Business/B Laws combined degree and how much should I expect to pay for it all?
Any approximate guidew would be appreciated:)

Anyone think my dads 25 yr old co-op card would still be accepted?:p

L

LaraB

your dad's should be accepted - my mum's is and her's is ancient too - it'[s al ife membership,

but why not get your own? it's only $25 or so and its a lifetime discount.

Law textbooks, well, a lot of units you have 2 - one with the cases etc, one with commentary. Some have just one. Some like law foundation have a couple + a reader. Lots have readers with additional information.

So Law textbooks per unit will range from say, $100-$220 ish.

That's for the "text" ones. Often you'll want to get recommended ones too, but don't buy them until you have your first class because often the teacher says they're pretty useless; otehrwise wait a few weeks to see if you'll actually use it.

Business ones - business textbooks are usualy $60-100. If its a custom publication usually $60-80. If its a reader, $28-$40 ish.

Usually they're on teh cheaper side though (business ones at least).

But after all that's said - go to the co-op site and check it out - prices and texts you'll need are there :) and then if you don't like paying that much, check out textbookexchange.com.au or lawbooks.com.au - the first is 2nd hand, the 2nd is new but both are lots cheaper.

http://www.coop-bookshop.com.au/boo...392823&_frames_=no&_next_page_=DataSubjSelect

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
LaraB said:
your dad's should be accepted - my mum's is and her's is ancient too - it'[s al ife membership,

but why not get your own? it's only $25 or so and its a lifetime discount.

Law textbooks, well, a lot of units you have 2 - one with the cases etc, one with commentary. Some have just one. Some like law foundation have a couple + a reader. Lots have readers with additional information.

So Law textbooks per unit will range from say, $100-$220 ish.

That's for the "text" ones. Often you'll want to get recommended ones too, but don't buy them until you have your first class because often the teacher says they're pretty useless; otehrwise wait a few weeks to see if you'll actually use it.

Business ones - business textbooks are usualy $60-100. If its a custom publication usually $60-80. If its a reader, $28-$40 ish.

Usually they're on teh cheaper side though (business ones at least).

But after all that's said - go to the co-op site and check it out - prices and texts you'll need are there :) and then if you don't like paying that much, check out textbookexchange.com.au or lawbooks.com.au - the first is 2nd hand, the 2nd is new but both are lots cheaper.

http://www.coop-bookshop.com.au/bookshop?basket_name=1040794&user_id=1170104392823&_frames_=no&_next_page_=DataSubjSelect
Thanks heaps once again:)
I asked the co-op people today if they had a text book list or whatever and she looked at me like i was the biggest idiot and said they haven't made them yet lol...I have a feeling some of the 'admin' staff aren't gonna like me =(

L

LaraB

ari89 said:
Thanks heaps once again:)
I asked the co-op people today if they had a text book list or whatever and she looked at me like i was the biggest idiot and said they haven't made them yet lol...I have a feeling some of the 'admin' staff aren't gonna like me =(
depends who you talk to - the lady i spoke to on the phone from coop at parra yday was realely nice :)

technically, they don't have the official "lists" in yet, but if you look on the website - they're usually a guide to go by if you wanna konw about price.

Wait until the official lists are out or you have your unit outlines first to make sure you don't buy stuff you don't need, but as a guide as to price the online lists are fine

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
I'm in your uws. Posting in threads.

Hi ari! Happy birthday!

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Bobness said:
I'm in your uws. Posting in threads.

Hi ari! Happy birthday!
:wave: troll wannabe:p But thanks anyway:)
Now leave my UWS alone =( lol

HSC
ari89 said:
:wave: troll wannabe:p But thanks anyway:)
Now leave my UWS alone =( lol

OH really.. happy bday 18th>>>??

btw, good question...

LOLS. bobness... trying to invade uws-ers haha... hows tut going>? are u beating mistri in kids ???

haha. peace

aww.. law, does that mean bbaccouting have to buy law texts too...

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
lilkiwicutie89 said:

btw, good question...

LOLS. bobness... trying to invade uws-ers haha... hows tut going>? are u beating mistri in kids ???

haha. peace

Declare war on UNSW commerce and intd. studies students with me? *cough* watch out bobness I have a spy in ur tute rooms:p

*Evil stare*

Santa clause :santa:

I would assume that the accounting ppl would need to buy a law book for taxation law?

L

LaraB

ari89 said:

Declare war on UNSW commerce and intd. studies students with me? *cough* watch out bobness I have a spy in ur tute rooms:p

*Evil stare*

Santa clause :santa:

I would assume that the accounting ppl would need to buy a law book for taxation law?
lol why are you worried about whether you need to buy a "law book" or not?...

It only matters if you pick it as an elective, because its not a core accounting unit, and even if you do, it's just a textbook... :p

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
LaraB said:
lol why are you worried about whether you need to buy a "law book" or not?...

It only matters if you pick it as an elective, because its not a core accounting unit, and even if you do, it's just a textbook... :p
I was refering to lilkiwicutie89's post:p

(And no I don't know how that got brought up:p)

L

LaraB

ari89 said:
I was refering to lilkiwicutie89's post:p
i know - the "you" was referring to people who are concerned about that kind of thing, not you as in you personally

hYperTrOphY

HSC
Coop says the ISBN for "Principles of Contract Law" is 9780455221106, but Lawbooks.com.au says the same edition is 0455221103. :confused: :confused:

L

LaraB

hYperTrOphY said:
Coop says the ISBN for "Principles of Contract Law" is 9780455221106, but Lawbooks.com.au says the same edition is 0455221103. :confused: :confused:

There are 2 types of codes... i discovered this when i had the same problem with one of mine..

there's the ISBNs and the APNs...

a lot of the coop ones are actually APNs - just google them and you'll get the ISBN...

but apart from that, if the title, author, publisher, publication year and edition number are the same - go by that

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Sh*t thread, but i'm posting so the dynamic equilibrium is restored for ari ;)

lilkiwicutie89 said:

btw, good question...

haha. peace

I don't really know you but i assume you are talking about mitsui? And no i'm not beating mitsui's kids. I don't like to get physical, physical /olivia newton john

:wave:

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Bobness said:
Sh*t thread, but i'm posting so the dynamic equilibrium is restored for ari ;)

I don't really know you but i assume you are talking about mitsui? And no i'm not beating mitsui's kids. I don't like to get physical, physical /olivia newton john

:wave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)