• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Fellow linguists...can u help me?! (1 Viewer)

purplemonkey

HSC
Any peepz doin LING 1000, can you tell me what week "phonological principles" was covered in the lecture or what chapter it is in the textbook? Personally I dont remember covering this, but surely we must have, since it makes up the largest part of the assessment. Any help would be much appreciated! :)

jitterbug

HSC
Phonological principles was covered in week...4 i think. Either 4 or 5 lecture. BUt, still, I had alot of trouble with question 8, i'm fairly sure i was 100% wrong on that one. Sorry the reply's a bit late, seeing as how it was due an hour ago ;)
Hopefully you do better than me on Q.8 - good luck!

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Question 8- I answered that in cuban spanish, s becomes h immediately following a vowel and preceding a consonant, as well as word finally. It was the same for the dropping of Rs in R-less english. Is this a phonological principle? I dunno.

I also apologise for the late reply, considering this information is now useless to you.

Last edited:

jitterbug

HSC
Yeah that's what I said, but I dunno, it didn't seem right... I felt like something was missing. Surely it had to be more than that... Oh well, guess we'll find out soon enough!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)