• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Favourite Hangout spots on campus (1 Viewer)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Frigid said:
it is those 'jerk bludgers' term for library stage two. in any case, laypersons are not welcome to anything higher than level 7.
You better get the most out of your lovely little skyscraper while you still can. Once your crappy little thing down the bottom of the campus is finished (which does look quite cool), that library will be all ours.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Nebuchanezzar said:
Ah yes, level 7, my favourite of all levels. I refuse to go higher than level 7 due those jerk bludgers known as law students.
I'm pleased to hear it.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
The best lawn to sit and have a talk with whoever you choose to talk with is the admin lawn. No one is ever there and its less crowdy than the library lawn.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Excuse the obvious bumping of a stale thread, but the physics lawn is god damned depressing. I was walking around taking a few photos today, and decided to go to McDonalds. That's beside the point, what the point is that the Physics lawn was practically empty. Couple that with the hideous (although not quite up to the Applied Science standard) main building behind it, and you have quite a sorry looking university ground. If, when I first came to UNSW, I hadn't seen the rest of the campus and the first thing I saw was this, I'd run off to another uni, it's an awful area.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Sure is pal, look for the large expanse of crappy grass next to the Village Green.

Here's an image, although it makes the area look too nice...

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
In all truthfulness though, it's no more barren than the lawn in front of the quadrangle at Sydney university, and that building gets praised with being some kind of God of architecture. The point being, I hate the old Main building, almost as much as Applied Science.

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
i've never once.. set foot in that place.. apart from o week orientation tours..

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
Lol Physics Lawn is the biggest piece of grass on campus and you guys hate it. At least we got have something to sqaure off USyd with.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
It looks pretty nice in autum, when the leaves are falling.

rand0m3r

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
That's beside the point, what the point is that the Physics lawn was practically empty. Couple that with the hideous (although not quite up to the Applied Science standard) main building behind it, and you have quite a sorry looking university ground. If, when I first came to UNSW, I hadn't seen the rest of the campus and the first thing I saw was this, I'd run off to another uni, it's an awful area.
you're an idiot. heaps of ppl play soccer there. it's one of the very few areas on campus that you actually CAN play soccer, too.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
rand0m3r said:
you're an idiot. heaps of ppl play soccer there. it's one of the very few areas on campus that you actually CAN play soccer, too.
Instead of flaming someone, you could actually hide your idiocy by adding something worthwhile to the conversation couldn't you?

rand0m3r

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Instead of flaming someone, you could actually hide your idiocy by adding something worthwhile to the conversation couldn't you?
you're the idiot that stares at rocks all day.

phrred

HSC
I reckon OMB looks pretty good from the Village Green but physics lawn has nothing on it

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
politik said:
It's never packed with people as nothing ever really happens on that side of campus. And while everyone does play sport there, it still is a 'no ball games' area.
if they put a food place there ppl would start hanging out there

the nicest lawn gotta be the one outside civil eng building..behind the scientia..

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
It gets packed during elsoc BBQ's. I remeber we had a tug of war with the mining engineers vs. the best of every other engineering faculty.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
The grass on scientia lawn pales in comparison to the grass of the library lawn, and the trees lining the side of library lawn somewhat beat down the tree of scientia lawn (even though it's gotta be my favourite tree at UNSW), hence I favour the library lawn over Scientia lawn. However, they both suck due to overcrowding and lack of seating. Michael Birt gardens is where it's at folks.

Did the mining engineers win?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)