• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Failing (1 Viewer)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I've always been interested in what happens should you fail a subject. So like, if a subject was a prereq for another subject (eg: 6 UoC of maths for intermediate chem), and you failed it, would they let you enrol providing you try it again?

thenothing

no member
HSC
stazi said:
No, for 1011 its 80%, which is ok...

I'm also joking. The failure rate is obviously not that high. Don't concentrate on the number of people who fail. It's insignificant. Simply concentrate on passing, or exceeding a pass. If you do all the necessary work, you won't fail.
Oh :|

Yah, it'd just make me feel a bit better if I knew that say.. about 5% of people failed. Or less. I'm not feeling very confident about maths and chem.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
1011 is piss easy

do past papers ur good to go - the past papers even have answers!

nothing of the sort for either 1001 or 1901 :~

thenothing

no member
HSC
jb_nc said:
1011 is piss easy

do past papers ur good to go - the past papers even have answers!

nothing of the sort for either 1001 or 1901 :~
Yah, piss easy for people who can do maths. I can't do maths. I see numbers and it's like reading Spanish.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Then why are you taking B Science? What are you majoring in?

thenothing

no member
HSC
stazi said:
Then why are you taking B Science? What are you majoring in?
I'm doing a B Science because I want to be a herpetologist. I'm getting good marks in Biology and am expecting at least a credit in it. I have to do the other subjects because I can't just do biology. So yah, majoring in biology. I'm also doing an arts degree.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
thenothing said:
I'm doing a B Science because I want to be a herpetologist. I'm getting good marks in Biology and am expecting at least a credit in it. I have to do the other subjects because I can't just do biology. So yah, majoring in biology. I'm also doing an arts degree.
You want to have herpes?

I could be mistaken, but I thought that you also have to do quite a bit of statistical analysis for Biology, and for your career in general (as I assume that you will be conducting scientific studies on reptiles, etc.)

thenothing

no member
HSC
stazi said:
You want to have herpes?

I could be mistaken, but I thought that you also have to do quite a bit of statistical analysis for Biology, and for your career in general (as I assume that you will be conducting scientific studies on reptiles, etc.)
Yah, I'm doing okay in stats. Fairly sure I'll get a pass in that.

And yah, there's all sorts of things you can do as a herpetologist. I'm interested in the venom research side of things, but I'll take what I can get. Not many jobs around in that field.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
so you must like snakes? do you like trouser snakes?

thenothing

no member
HSC
stazi said:
so you must like snakes? do you like trouser snakes?
I like both ;)

Yah, snakes are cool. I like lizards too, just starting to get in to them. I have a clone gecko (parthenogenetic clone) and I'm looking in to getting some monitor lizards. I'm running out of room though :(

stazi

Nightman
HSC
THE MOST VENOMOUS SNAKE IN THE WORLD

NAME: Expecteria Trouserius" (Trouser Snake).
DESCRIPTION: Varying from pink to black. Fang-less with a highly venomous spit.
Size varies from 3 to 12 inches, depending on its mood & sub-species.

SYMPTOMS: This snake attacks mainly women in the lower front abdomen, resultingin an inconspicuous bump. Then a severe swelling followed by excruciating pain after nine months. The attack is not usually fatal. It has been known to attack men in the rear lower abdomen, resulting in an incurable disease and consequent death.

HABITAT: Usually found in bedrooms, but has been known to appear in the most unusual places.

ANTIDOTE: Various types of vaccine available for women. However, once the venom is injected into the body only drastic measures will ensure complete recovery. There is no known antidote for men.

WHAT TO DO WHEN ATTACKED

TORNIQUE: Do not apply a tornique as the venom is too deep in the body to be affected.

CUTTING THE WOUND: This would be completely unnecessary and ineffective as the bleeding will stop after a few weeks anyhow.

SUCKING THE WOUND: This method is the most popular with the victim, but so far has not been reported to have led to any success.

MILKING THE SNAKE:
1. Place four fingers of the right hand around the neck of the reptile, withthe thumb in the front.
2. Grip firmly and move the hand in an upwards and downwards motion.
3. This will result in the snake becoming highly aggressive and start spitting.
4. The time taken for this milking process depends entirely on the milker and the last time the snake attacked.
5. Once milked the snake should be harmless for about 20 minutes.

CONCLUSION
This snake, although it is very aggressive and active, is not necessarily a vermin, and treated with the right respect, makes a wonderful pet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)