• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Extension 2 VS Drama (1 Viewer)

frankenslut

hella adequate
HSC
Hello! I'm a Pathways student doing a Video Drama this year, and something similar for Extension 2 next year. I'm completely confused as to what the expected differences between the two are. Any ideas from anyone who's done both?

Thanks.
:santa:

tanguyen

HSC
I did video drama last year but didn't do extention 2 english. I have alot of friends who are doing ext 2 english and are doing the video thingo and to me, the difference is that ext.2 is a bit more general and is sort of marked on how constructed your story is and how well you present it. Video DRAMA on the other hand, goes into more detail and expects you to be very competent in presenting your idea through the medium and expects you to script, direct, shoot, edit very competently.

If I were to generalise, ext2 is more the idea/concept whereas video drama is more the WHOLE aspect of short-movie making. Don't take my word on this though becuase I personally haven't gone through the actual requirements for ext.2, so to be sure, ask a teacher or go through the syllabus/criteria and so forth.

123erykb

HSC
Im doing both those courses this year with films in each from what i can tell,

Drama must be a narrative and have a clear storyline, but it can anything and doesnt have to be related to the course. and yeh youve gotta do everyhting yourself.

Extension 2 can be experimental, so it doesnt neccesarily have to have a narrative storyline, but its probably best if it does. also its got to be related to either the extension one course or the advanced course, and it also has to be literary so it has to incorporate various aspects of literarture within both. and all you have to do is basically write your script or come up with the concept and direct it, othewise you can get someone else to shoot and edit the film.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)