• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Ext-1 CSSA 04 (1 Viewer)

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
^_^ first again :)

how was it!

it was alll...lright, not as hard as i expected, but still a good test :)

CrashOveride

HSC
Can anyone post it up
Tywebb ?

Lion you goto JR? They do CSSA tests?? =p

superbird

HSC
Not good :|. Some of the wording of the questions was really weird. I couldn't figure out the last question fully. First time ive seen a question like that with two projectiles.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Heaps good, absolutely killed it. I reckon I lost 1 mark on the locus question, and possibly another 1-2 in the last section because my proofs were not as air-tight as I would have liked, but other than that no errors. Finished with 45 mins to go, so had tons of time to check.

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
Wasnt too bad. Once again induction stuffed me up. I had a mental blank on the second question as well came back to it and realised it was so simple. Sub in and equate *smacks head for doing all this long division crap*. Probably end up with about 75/84

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Isn't that what you do for all induction?

I estimate my mark to be 80/84, just to give myself a bit of breathing space for 1-2 silly errors.

Btw, how long did it take people to finish?

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
withoutaface said:
Isn't that what you do for all induction?

I estimate my mark to be 80/84, just to give myself a bit of breathing space for 1-2 silly errors.

Btw, how long did it take people to finish?
Nah, I meant the second question... as in the polynomial one where you find 'a'... (thought it was really complicated for some reason). The whole of Question 1 took me a while to do for some reason, stupid circles... never see it. Finished at about 1:25?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah same, I didn't see the circle, left it after 5 mins, came back and reread the question realised that 2 sides were equal, and it was easy from there.

cj_bridle

HSC
i had a mixture exam but from the sounds of it.. it had a few cssa questions in it... wouldnt mind seeing the cssa when someone gets it up to compare.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
qn 1 was easy
our amended qn 7 was easy
i lost 2 marks for qn 2 ( i couldn't find the eqn of M!)
i lost about 2 of the 4 marks for induction qn (for some reason i couldn't do it)
i lost about 7 marks in qn 5
lost 2 marks in qn 4
lost 2 marks in amended qn 6 (only half of it was amended)
in total... i lost about 15 marks... possibly more....
NOT. HAPPY.
Yeah equation of M was y=-2x<sup>2</sup>, and I got y=2x<sup>2</sup>, so I probably lost one mark there.

za

HSC
can someone show how u got the induction question.
i.e. after assuming n=k, how do u solve this part: 5^(k+1) > 4^(k+1) + 3^(k+1)

i spent the last 20 mins on it and it just wouldnt come to me!

nomz

it wasn't a bad test... but i still screwed it up BIG time. I was so stressed i went completely blank and so spent the fast half hour trying to breathe! Consequently i didn't even get time to look at the last question :( so thats 12 marks gone already + i left out questions in between so I'll most likely fail! I'm kicking myself now coz I know how to do most of the questions I left out. I just stress out so much in exams! anyone got advice for staying calm? i don't want to have another panic attack in the real HSC + i wanna pass!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Our school substituted another induction question for that one.

HSC
Well i reckon i should pass which was the only thing i was concerned about. Maybe 60/84 which i would be soooo happy bout... we'll have to wait and see though.

shazzam

acta est fabula
HSC
holY crap, how can you finish it so quickly, I thought I was going okay with 20mins left...excluding the ones i skipped...
But hey withoutaface, if you are coming about 7th at your school and you get 80/84 that is REALLY good, top mark at my school was only 81 last yr, and we are meant to be "very talented"...so yeah, plz get bak to me with your results so i can see how not smart our grade is -_-;;

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I'm ranked 6th because I stuffed the first test (~70%). I came 3rd in 1/2 yearly though, with 89%. And yes our school is pretty good, last year we had 8/11 of our 4u class in band E4, but yeah, hopefully 80+ will put me in the top 3-4 overall.

Pcx: We know the surface area (the top circle since thats the one thats changing)=pix<sup>2</sup>, and that h=4-x<sup>2</sup>

:. x<sup>2</sup>=4-h
pix<sup>2</sup>=pi(4-h)
area=pi(4-h)
This was more of a 4u volumes oriented question than anything else, because it requires the same kind of thinking, and 4u's would have been at a significant advantage methinks, even though it is done with 3u techniques.

Velocity in terms of x is still velocity

:.dx/dt=v
dt/dx=1/v
then integrate, find the constant, and simplify.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I finished about 1.5 hours. Wasnt as hard as i expected it to be. Might sneak into the 80s/84 if i dont make silly errors

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)