• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Estimate my Atar! (4 Viewers)

prawnyscrawny

HSC
N/A
Ok so was just wondering if you could estimate my atar, I know I have done badly this year but was wondering if I could get an accurate estimate of my Atar?

School Rank 70

RANK/ Assessment Mark
Business 28/58 (70%)
Economics 33/33 (60%) HOWEVER, did thought I went really well in HSC
English Standard 25/72 (73%)
Information Process Technology 7/11 (69)
General Maths 67/60 55%
Studies of religion 1 unit 57/70 34/50

Is there any hope of getting 60+ in my HSC?

michaeljennings

HSC
Hey bro

Assessment mark doesnt really mean anything so you could probably edit it out to make it less confusing I guess

General maths says 67/60 so ill assume you mean /70

Id probably go with low 80s?

deebsm

HSC
Anyone want to estimate my ATAR?

>English Advanced 27/36 (yes i know it is bad and will scale me down...)
>Biology 10/27
>Business Studies 8/17
>Maths Ext 1 14/18 (this is pretty good since our average is high and i know this because i did well.)
>Maths Ext 2 5/7
>Physics 20/34

My school is ranked around the 60s from last year and i do have pretty smart people in my grade...

michaeljennings

HSC
Anyone want to estimate my ATAR?

>English Advanced 27/36 (yes i know it is bad and will scale me down...)
>Biology 10/27
>Business Studies 8/17
>Maths Ext 1 14/18 (this is pretty good since our average is high and i know this because i did well.)
>Maths Ext 2 5/7
>Physics 20/34

My school is ranked around the 60s from last year and i do have pretty smart people in my grade...
You should start up your own thread so OP doesnt have to sift through replies that dont relate to his atar estimate.

But id say you would get high 80s to low 90s

prawnyscrawny

HSC
N/A
Hey bro

Assessment mark doesnt really mean anything so you could probably edit it out to make it less confusing I guess

General maths says 67/60 so ill assume you mean /70

Id probably go with low 80s?
Thanks man :)
Wow really? I was getting worried I may not even acheive 60, since my ranks aren't the best
woops, yep meant 67/70 haha that made no sense :p What do you think won't count? Economics or Maths? Since Im not too sure how I did in Maths but I thought I did really well in Economics say 75+, however there are some retards in my year so I think they could drag my internal assessment mark down as the gap between 32 and 33 in economics is like 1% -.- haha

michaeljennings

HSC
Thanks man :)
Wow really? I was getting worried I may not even acheive 60, since my ranks aren't the best
woops, yep meant 67/70 haha that made no sense :p What do you think won't count? Economics or Maths? Since Im not too sure how I did in Maths but I thought I did really well in Economics say 75+, however there are some retards in my year so I think they could drag my internal assessment mark down as the gap between 32 and 33 in economics is like 1% -.- haha
The gap between 32 and 33 doesnt really mean anything in terms of your internal assessment mark because 33/33 means you will get the lowest external mark as your internal mark.
And im not sure which will count sorry

prawnyscrawny

HSC
N/A
The gap between 32 and 33 doesnt really mean anything in terms of your internal assessment mark because 33/33 means you will get the lowest external mark as your internal mark.
And im not sure which will count sorry
Oh, so say he gets like 45% in his HSC does this mean I will also get 45%? How would this align if I did well in the actual HSC? Do you think the alignment would go up so it matches my external mark or not really?

michaeljennings

HSC
Oh, so say he gets like 45% in his HSC does this mean I will also get 45%? How would this align if I did well in the actual HSC? Do you think the alignment would go up so it matches my external mark or not really?
A raw mark of 45% will get aligned to something higher and that will be your internal mark if that happened to be the lowest external mark. You keep your own external mark but they are completely independent. They wont align your internal mark better if your external mark is amazing. In the end they just average the two

prawnyscrawny

HSC
N/A
A raw mark of 45% will get aligned to something higher and that will be your internal mark if that happened to be the lowest external mark. You keep your own external mark but they are completely independent. They wont align your internal mark better if your external mark is amazing. In the end they just average the two
Oh ok, thanks for clearing everything up! :D so for example if he gets 45% in his external that then gets aligned say too like 60% would that mean that will then be my internal mark?

michaeljennings

HSC
Oh ok, thanks for clearing everything up! :D so for example if he gets 45% in his external that then gets aligned say too like 60% would that mean that will then be my internal mark?
Yep. If youre ranked first your internal is the highest external, and if youre ranked last your internal is the lowest external. If you have any other rank your internal mark is moderated according to how well your cohort does in the HSC (external) exam

prawnyscrawny

HSC
N/A
Yep. If youre ranked first your internal is the highest external, and if youre ranked last your internal is the lowest external. If you have any other rank your internal mark is moderated according to how well your cohort does in the HSC (external) exam
ohh right, so wait is it not like say you come 23/62 and is on like 60% internally and the person who comes 23rd in the exam gets like 50% does this mean you will get 50% as an Internal assesment mark??

michaeljennings

HSC
ohh right, so wait is it not like say you come 23/62 and is on like 60% internally and the person who comes 23rd in the exam gets like 50% does this mean you will get 50% as an Internal assesment mark??
Nope it gets moderated. Dont worry about this stuff too much though because HSC is over now and you cant really change anything

prawnyscrawny

HSC
N/A
Nope it gets moderated. Dont worry about this stuff too much though because HSC is over now and you cant really change anything
Oh ok, will do, so pretty much you will have the same internal mark but like say if im on 70% for IPT and we get moderated (pushed up) is this correct? haha sorry for answering so many questions :p

michaeljennings

HSC
Oh ok, will do, so pretty much you will have the same internal mark but like say if im on 70% for IPT and we get moderated (pushed up) is this correct? haha sorry for answering so many questions :p
Ah lol sorry youre confusing me now and I dont really understand what youre asking. when you mean 'same internal mark' who is it the same as? and when you say 70% are you talking about your external mark?

prawnyscrawny

HSC
N/A
Ah lol sorry youre confusing me now and I dont really understand what youre asking. when you mean 'same internal mark' who is it the same as? and when you say 70% are you talking about your external mark?
oh lol, Nah I meant say you come 23/60 in your INTERNAL assesments and 20/60 in your EXTERNAL does the person who comes 23/60 in there EXTERNAL become your INTERNAL mark?

michaeljennings

HSC
oh few, so they will still take the 70 in account then? sorry for all these questions mate :O
if youre saying your external mark is 70 then its kinda yes and no.

Yes in that your external mark affects how the cohort went overall so it will affect moderation to a degree, by how much i dont really know.

But they wont give you a better internal mark if you get 90 external rather than 70 external because the two are independent

Sorry if all of this is confusing cos youve kinda lost me lol and im fairly sleepy. Im gonna go to bed lol

prawnyscrawny

HSC
N/A
if youre saying your external mark is 70 then its kinda yes and no.

Yes in that your external mark affects how the cohort went overall so it will affect moderation to a degree, by how much i dont really know.

But they wont give you a better internal mark if you get 90 external rather than 70 external because the two are independent

Sorry if all of this is confusing cos youve kinda lost me lol and im fairly sleepy. Im gonna go to bed lol
no i meant 70 as your internal mark, haha :p
yeah its ike 1:30 :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)