• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Enter Vs. Uai (1 Viewer)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Yes, they are equivalent.

The NSW and ACT's UAI, Victoria's ENTER, South Australia's TER and Western Australia's TER are all equivalent.

BoganBoy

HSC
i think what the original question meant to be '' is ranks in UAI equivalent to ranks in ENTER?'' the entrance requirement for Med in UMelbourn says a '' equivalence of 99.5 ENTER'' or sumthing. so what is that in the sense of UAI. i think it should be lower because NSW candidates on the whole is more capable than VIC students.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Lazarus said:
Yes, they are equivalent.

The NSW and ACT's UAI, Victoria's ENTER, South Australia's TER and Western Australia's TER are all equivalent.
Is that 100% accurate? I thought there were slight discrepancies each year based on comparisons between cohorts?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Slide Rule said:
Is that 100% accurate? I thought there were slight discrepancies each year based on comparisons between cohorts?
"... the measures of overall achievement for NSW, ACT, Victoria, Western
Australia, Tasmania and South Australia will be exactly the same ... a Universities
Admission Index (UAI) of 81.00 in NSW and ACT = a Tertiary Entrance Rank (TER) of
81.00 in SA, WA and Tasmania = an Equivalent National Tertiary Entrance Rank (ENTER)
of 81.00 in Victoria. Students who are undertaking their Year 12 studies ... in one of
these States and who are planning to apply to institutions in another will not therefore have
to convert their result." (p4)

http://www.uac.edu.au/pubs/pdf/uai_tech_rep.pdf

BoganBoy said:
i think what the original question meant to be '' is ranks in UAI equivalent to ranks in ENTER?'' the entrance requirement for Med in UMelbourn says a '' equivalence of 99.5 ENTER'' or sumthing. so what is that in the sense of UAI. i think it should be lower because NSW candidates on the whole is more capable than VIC students.
An ENTER of 99.50 is taken to be equivalent to a UAI of 99.50.

I am not aware of any evidence that suggests NSW students are more capable than VIC students.

BoganBoy

HSC
wow, thanks laz for the insight. but i find it a bit unfair for all the ranks to be equal. to be honest, everyone knows its harder to get a rank of >99 in NSW than in say..... WA or SA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)