• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

DvD? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yinyin

HSC
N/A
hey guys...
ive got a problem...
like i try to burn some movies ( copy disk) therefore i use nero burning room 6 to burn a dvd.... Every thing is fine...
Like you know after you burn a dvd it makes some marks on the disk?
Ya, the dvd have those mark, but when i put the disk into a dvd rom it doesnt work.
And i put into a dvd player it doesnt work as wel...
hm.... can some one tel me what happen?
is something wrong with my burner? But ive try to burn cds but it works, but it just dvd? I use pioneer 16X burner for disk i use TDK 16X disk///
thanks

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
What format is your DVD burner and what format were the disks that you used?

yinyin

HSC
N/A
Wooz said:
What format is your DVD burner and what format were the disks that you used?
hey my dvd burner supports both dvd-r and dvd+r.
i try both of them for DvD-R i used the sony 8x, and DvD+R i used tdk 16x but both of them have the same problem....
:(:(:(

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
This is most likely the copy protection kicking in. DVD movies that are commercially produced have protection against people burning them with tools such as Nero (protect profits, really). I think you'll find that your burner is perfectly fine (try burning a compliation DVD of data as a test), and it's the protection stopping it.

I_F

Last edited:

yinyin

HSC
N/A
Ya i knoe but the movie i try to burn is my cousin's marrying dvd that her husband made using movie maker not the one that u pruchas at the shops.

insert-username said:
This is most likely the copy protection kicking in. DVD movies that are commercially produced have protection against people burning them with tools such as Nero (protect profits, really). I think you'll find that your burner is perfectly fine (try burning a compliation DVD of data as a test), and it's the protection stopping it. Further discussion of this would also break IT Stuff rules (infringing copyright), so I think it's locky time.

I_F

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
yinyin said:
Ya i knoe but the movie i try to burn is my cousin's marrying dvd that her husband made using movie maker not the one that u pruchas at the shops.
Ah, OK, sorry about that. I'll edit it out. :)

Hmm... the only other thing I can think of is the player is being picky with the discs - try a different brand. Also, make sure that the movie is actually in DVD movie format, and not in Windows Movie maker's default format (.wmv).

I_F

yinyin

HSC
N/A
hm.... ya it is in the dvd movie format....
let me check the sony dvd player.... but even dvd rom isnt workin so dont put too much hope......
T.T

yinyin

HSC
N/A
T.T
sony dvd player: keep on loading.... it never ends
panasonics: loads..... but end up sayin no disk
pioneer dvd rom: when i open F drive nothin is in there

faint.. wats happen?????

CieL

HSC
maybe try use a different burning software instead of nero?

nero's always been bad with me with DVDs

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
try copying the data from the DVD onto your computer. Then from there copy the data onto the DVD... Windows XP should already allow you to be able to do thei... simple right click on the file (once its in your computer) then... hang on follow this

Right click on file saved on Hard Drive> Select Send to> CD-RW Drive > Wait for it to load then.. > click on the balloon that says you have files waiting, if this doesnt work go to My Computer and click yon your CD-RW Drive > Insert your DVD then click on the file > select 'copy files to DVD'

That should work

HotShot

-_-
HSC
oh god, chicks and computers......

well to fix the problem;

firstly is nero installed properly, --gud it should be
hmm.. pioneer 16x does it have double layer or multilayer capabilities?

did u intall ur burner drivers properly

nero is probably the most user-friendly and other have compability issues with ur burner. so i wouldnt change.

-----------------------------------
so u want to copy a dvd disc that is dvd movie rite?
do u have one dvd burner or two
if u have one, then you have to create an image
then put a blank dvd into the burner
and bouble on the image it will automatically take you to the screen for burning
start burn
finish burn -(make sure no other programs are running when the dvd is burning and also burn at the slowest speed).
done chuck it into a dvd player.

yinyin

HSC
N/A
thanks guys....
hm... let me check.....
lol? Why i have to use the slowest mode? ya, my one support dual layer?
Doesnt any one know where can i get nero on the net?
Thanks

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Yep try burning at a really slow speed- even 1x or 2x to ensure compatibility with older DVD players; and failing that, maybe try to re-encode it?

But I know this sounds stupid- but I've seen it happen before; you sure you're copying a DVD? Someone I know who'll remain nameless tried to copy a VCD (ie. it's video on a compat disc with lower quality- it'll play in most dvd players) to DVD and that didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)