• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Does Uni take full time work into account? (1 Viewer)

Dj Fuzion

HSC
ok of course they do but heres my sitch.

i have finished the tafe business diploma with a credit average. I have also worked full-time for three years. Does Uni take my GPA (I dont have a UAI) and create a GPA for my full-time work as admin duties? or will the full-time work constitute as "bonus points"

i am trying to get into the Business/Computing course and have also submitted a statement. Do i have a good chance?

i hope all this made sense..thanks all much appreciated.

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
umm, the business of looking at marks will be based just on the tafe part. but as far as i know there's no special thing where you get more marks or whatever for the work experience... the work experience part is what you talk about in your personal statement, and add supporting documentation if you can (well already should have, cause today's the last day methinks)

Dj Fuzion

HSC
thanks nat thanks purple i really appreciate your time.

Also if a course DOES NOT require a statement will they still use work experiance or just diploma? or mix both?

thanks.

X

xeuyrawp

Dj Fuzion said:
thanks nat thanks purple i really appreciate your time.

Also if a course DOES NOT require a statement will they still use work experiance or just diploma? or mix both?

thanks.
Even if you are told that they won't count work experience, I would STILL put the information in (maybe with a reference?) with your application.

Seriously, it can't hurt. :)

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
I just want to make it clear for everyone.

Yes you can get bonus points if you include your record of employment in your persoanl statement, UTS is one University that does this and you are capable of obtaining a maximum of +10 for your NSRL selection rank. Most other universities that accept personal statement also consider employment as a factor of entry. However institutions like UNSW select by grade only as they do not accept statements (nor does Macquarie University).

Business/Computing? Is that at UTS?

Dj Fuzion

HSC
Thanks everyone who replied!!!!

yup its at UTS i really hope i get maximum points out of the statement (yes i am being greedy, it was a good statement though). Did anyone put in a statement at UTS and belive they got maximum points (i.e +10) i know they dont tell you but does anyone belive the persoanl statement as a big factor in getting them in?

thanks again everyone you have made my life :p

Hanzo

HSC
sigh
why do we even bother
when all the richest people in the worls never went to uni..
uni is actually a waste of time
and is stopping u from a headstart in ure career

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Dj Fuzion said:
Thanks everyone who replied!!!!

yup its at UTS i really hope i get maximum points out of the statement (yes i am being greedy, it was a good statement though). Did anyone put in a statement at UTS and belive they got maximum points (i.e +10) i know they dont tell you but does anyone belive the persoanl statement as a big factor in getting them in?

thanks again everyone you have made my life :p
I sent a statement. They said maximum 3500 words hahahah. I just managed 1000.

Dont really know how much of it counts though. But I lot of people probably didnt hand one in and that would probably put you ahead of them.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Hanzo said:
sigh
why do we even bother
the structure of this is changing, however, it is still a very 'i know someone important' world. If you don't belong to the elite circles of business, then it's unlikely you can get far without a degree. With that said, if you have a diploma at tafe, 3 years work experience...don't go to uni. That's just stupid. 3 years work experience can get you a great job.

X

xeuyrawp

Hanzo said:
sigh
why do we even bother
You assume that 1. Our only goal is to be rich and
2. It isn't a changing climate (like stas said).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)