• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Does this happen to anyone else using the Excel Success One HSC Paper Book? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
-Read question
-Give a really good answer
-Check answers in textbook
-Sees that they're completely different (ala: You're wrong)
-Checks official HSC marking guidlines/notes
-Realises that your answer was right all along, and the best possible response

This makes me so freaking ANGRY :mad3: It's like the book wants me to get dumber, I've had it happen to me like 3 times on the 2006 paper

b3kh1t

HSC
-Read question
-Give a really good answer
-Check answers in textbook
-Sees that they're completely different (ala: You're wrong)
-Checks official HSC marking guidlines/notes
-Realises that your answer was right all along, and the best possible response

This makes me so freaking ANGRY :mad3: It's like the book wants me to get dumber, I've had it happen to me like 3 times on the 2006 paper
Lol yep except now the only reason I look at success one answers is for some other ideas haha but it's really annoying, and especially when their calculations are worng

HSC
Uni Grad
Lol yep except now the only reason I look at success one answers is for some other ideas haha but it's really annoying, and especially when their calculations are worng
Their calculations wrong? Well I've never gotten that (I only really check the final answers for calculations anyway), at least I hope I haven't haha

Here's an example of their stupidity, 2006 paper Q23(b)(ii):
Board of Studies marking notes said:
Weaker responses did not answer the question’s requirement to state the change in the pH but described a buffering action of the OCl - ion or an increase in alkalinity. The equilibrium concept was poorly understood.
And that is exactly what the book did.

Last edited:

b3kh1t

HSC
Their calculations wrong? Well I've never gotten that (I only really check the final answers for calculations anyway), at least I hope I haven't haha

Here's an example of their stupidity, 2006 paper Q23(b)(ii):
And that is exactly what the book did.
I got an old success book but there was a mistake in a calculation or two which was really annoying and that is really frustrating, that's why if I'm not sure now I try to refer to numerous sources like the net, online board of studies, my notes and the text book.

Bobbo1

HSC
thats y u use odlum and garner - i think its by far the most valuable resource, imo better than conquering chem + jacaranda chem + chem contexts + any other chem textbook put together

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)